• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The danger we face

CJ

imported post

Disagree with me if you wish, call me a conspiracy theorist on some statements too if you desire, call me going overboard, but we are headed into a very dark time as far as our rights are concerned. I hope it's an overstatement and wrong, but I know a man who grew up in Germany before and during WWII, who was forced (hehated Hitler)into the German military towards the end of the war. His exactwords: "it's happened again". Our republic has been usurped by people who despise our liberty and our way of life. I think secession should be given a look unless the government decides to follow the Constitution the next 4 years. Judging from my observations all over: real life, listening to politicians' statements, observing heavily leftist forums, we have a rabidly anti-gun, anti-freedom government hungry anddetermined to drag our faces in the mud. Me, I'm joining the Alaska Independence Party as soon as I can in the spring when I move up there. We are in serious trouble. Mark my words. There are major gun bans and restrictionscoming and that is but the tip of the iceberg as far as our rights are concerned. As I wrote (see below), if you believe in prayer, pray for the health of the 5 justices who wrote Heller, that they are not replaced by the new congress and president. Not much of a hope, as I have little faith in the court to protect our rights against an AWB and other attacks on us, but there is a slim glimmer of hope there, albeit very slim in my opinion.

Write up on my blog about the election: http://arctichomesteader.blogspot.com/

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

A HS classmate was an infant when his parents carried him under the wire out of Latvia. His parents had first survived Hitler's camps and then the Soviets'. Dinners with the Augusts were wonderful experiences, full of literature, music and languages. An entertainment was to change language with each reply around the table. I could hold my own in Romance languages but the Indo-Urgic Northern European tongues are beyond me.

Papa Augusts was the orchardist for the prune yard where I first worked out of HS and that became The Pruneyard mentioned here

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=17007&forum_id=54&highlight=pruneyard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruneyard_Shopping_Center_v._Robins

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

The situation certainly isn't favorable, but I think we are pretty far from being herded into reeducation Gulags. I believe we as gun owners/ freedom lovers will be able to politically fight off challenges so long as we remain engaged, and due to increased activism on our part we are in a better position to fight than say in 1992.

KansasMustang

imported post

Moving to Alaska sounds real good about now. And I too believe we are in a dire situation. I have not seen on here, nor heard it anywhere but on talk radio about this 750,000 person? Civilian Force? that Obama has proposed. To be as well armed and trained as the armed forces? Anyone else hear about that? I'm a truck driver and go all through the "Heartland" fron Indiana to Salt Lake City and from the upper midwest down to the tip of Texas and everywhere in between. I ran into two Romanian immigrant truck drivers that have been here for 20 years,,and they are very concerned about what's coming. Sooooo as I've said before, be alert, be prepared, keep your eyes and ears open and your powder dry.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,

KansasMustang

imported post

As a matter of fact, the gulags if you will are already in place. In 2000 when I was coming out of Arizona into New Mexico I went through a checkpoint where I had to show my drivers license, insurance, and registration. Not 3 miles down the road semi hidden in a valley was a camp, 12 foot high fences, towers and barracks with triple strand concertina wire at that time it didn't appear occupied. I never thought or would have believed in this country....just me sayin it

CJ

imported post

Panos1296 wrote:
Why Alaska? Go to New Hampshire and join the Free State Project. As a matter of fact, Rich Heller is a Free State Project member.

http://freestateproject.org/
I was already planning to move to Alaska, now I really want to get up thereASAPand out of the lower 48. I own land already up there. 20 acres, and right behind it is literally millions of acres of public land.Away from cities, sparse population, outside of any incorporated area so no property taxes...perfect place to be assuming Russia doesn't invade. :what:Freest state in the country really. NH is being inundated with people moving there from MA/etc., many of whom are bringing their MA politics with them. That does not bode well for the freedom NH currently has.

KansasMustang

imported post

Loneviking wrote:
Time to make sure you put in some training time with quality instructors. I'd be checking out Gabe Suarez at Suarez International.
I was trained by the best, US Army Ranger School. just gotta dig out my camo's and get ready ;)

AbNo

imported post

CJ wrote:
NH is being inundated with people moving there from MA/etc., many of whom are bringing their MA politics with them. That does not bode well for the freedom NH currently has.
Sounds like those Free Staters need to OC more and make those Massholes go home. :D

opusd2

imported post

I was trained by generations of hunters and the evil boy scouts of the 70's prepared me to live in rough environments. Ok, so was being raised dirt poor on a farm where we hunted for meals, raised and butchered our own meat and meals and can brew a mean hooch if needed.

I'm ready for whatever comes. And I am tempted to make the move back out to Wyoming where attitudes towards self reliance is more accepted, and therefore so was I.

Flintlock

imported post

Panos1296 wrote:
Why Alaska? Go to New Hampshire and join the Free State Project. As a matter of fact, Rich Heller is a Free State Project member.

http://freestateproject.org/
Why Alaska? Because we are already free... I can't blame people for wanting to come here.

In all sincerity, I admire the Free State Project that you havegoing in New Hampshire. Good luck to you folks.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If only I could convince myself there was actually something for me in Alaska (aside from freedom from government interference), I would be there real fast. I guess I should visit or something... :?

opusd2

imported post

I used to be worried about the influx of Illinois settlers into Door County who buy a big house for their vacations and kill the tax rates, but not anymore. I just became a more distilled version of myself to scare the new neighbors. It works

kjohns2001

imported post

My problem is that both my wife and myself are disabled and therefore don't have the option to move or head to the woods. All we want is a fighting chance to defend ourselves. We want a M1 and an AK47, but we need $1500 to buy them and some ammo. No one will lend money to buy guns to someone on social security. If some nice gun owner or owners would get together and lend us the money that would auctually be doing something to help out in this time of need. All of us have to fight for our second amendment rights, it's just that some of us need something to fight with.