• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Potential great news for MI gun owners in 2010

Yooper

imported post

Can you imagine getting rid of this stupid safety inspection law? Wouldn't it be great to 'just' have to fill out a 4473 to purchase a handgun. I'm dreaming of the day already.

I can see the T-shirts already...."Cox '10"......"Gun owners for Cox".......they look great in my head..:celebrate

Michigander

imported post

Yooper wrote:
Can you imagine getting rid of this stupid safety inspection law? Wouldn't it be great to 'just' have to fill out a 4473 to purchase a handgun. I'm dreaming of the day already.

I can see the T-shirts already...."Cox '10"......"Gun owners for Cox".......they look great in my head..:celebrate
Thats the life I now live in AZ. I can buy a 1911 from a garage sale, with the government never even wanting to know. It even says on an explanation of the constitution they have at elementary schools here that the second amendment guarantees the right to own weapons without government interference.

I have sincere hopes of Michigan being like it is here one day, except of course for the lack of scenery and year round nice weather. ;)

Yooper

imported post

Colorado was nice when I lived there too. Could carry a loaded handgun in a car without a CCW. Also, rifle and shotguns could be carried anywhere in the car, provided there wasn't a round in the chamber, but the mags/tubes could be loaded, and they didn't have to be in a case.