• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun rights in Wisconsin will be assaulted in 2009

pkbites

imported post

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=650445

The Democrats have now taken control of both sides of the legislature. On top of the massive tax increases we'll see, assaults on our personal liberties will be their agenda. The first to go will be our right to keep and bear arms.

Over a year ago Governor Doyle introduced a gun bill that included:

• Rolling back a 1995 law that erased all local ordinances related to firearms. Doyle said it prevented municipalities and counties from enacting any new laws that would be more restrictive than state statutes.

The main reason this law was created is because cities like Madison & Milwaukee were attempting handgun bans. This also wiped out all local ordinances that prohibited open carry! It would be a horrible, horrible defeat for us if this law got repealed.

• Prohibiting possession or purchase of a gun by anyone who has been convicted of a misdemeanor that involved a firearm.

A person who was convicted of Disorderly Conduct while armed would lose their gun rights! This is serious! The left is now trying to use minor violations of law to yank gun rights!

Say goodbye to all legalities of open carry, and don't be foolish enough to think concealed carry will EVER come to this state while this crew is in charge.

Some of the other provision of this bill are:

• Allowing Wisconsin to contribute information to a national database of people subjected to civil commitment or prohibited by a court from using a firearm. This would prevent people from traveling to a state where their background is unavailable to purchase a firearm and coming back to Wisconsin to commit a crime, Doyle said.
• Requiring that all guns sold in the state have ballistic fingerprinting, and that fired rounds from each gun be stored with the Department of Justice. He said that would create a trail for law enforcement to track down both guns and criminals.
• Banning most sales of handguns to people younger than 21.
*The plan would require all gun sales to go through a licensed dealer, so a background check would be part of the transaction.

This draconian bill in conjunction with the assaults on our freedoms that Obama and the Democratically controlled House and Senate will rain down on us spell the virtual end of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms as we have known it!:uhoh:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=4340&forum_id=57&jump_to=66675#p66675

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

One can only hope that Obama recruits this bunghole for a federal job and gets him out of Wisconsin. Might be the only good thing he does while he's el presidente. (Although, please, not Attorney General!)

Fortunately any new legislation will have to stand up to constitutional challenges in light of Heller and Hamdan.

pkbites

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
One can only hope that Obama recruits this bunghole for a federal job and gets him out of Wisconsin. Might be the only good thing he does while he's el presidente. (Although, please, not Attorney General!)

Fortunately any new legislation will have to stand up to constitutional challenges in light of Heller and Hamdan.
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Lieutenant Governor Barbara Lawton would be just as bad as Governor. As long as there is a Lib in the Guvs mansion with a [/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]Dem majority on both sides of the Capitol we're completely ass invaded!:what:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

pkbites wrote:
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Lieutenant Governor Barbara Lawton would be just as bad as Governor.[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
True, but perhaps she's not as good at arm twisting.

Looks like we'll have to rely on an alliance of the GOP with the handful of Dems who voted for CC in the past to avoid more ridiculous laws. Scary thought, eh?

pkbites

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Scary thought, eh?

When you consider a full load of DEMS in Madison and Washington, 2009 possibly and probably will be the worst year in American history for gun rights!

I scoff at those that believe the Democrats learned their lesson in 1994.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

pkbites wrote:
I scoff at those that believe the Democrats learned their lesson in 1994.
Or the Republicans...with Bush-41 and Bush-43 and McCain in 2008.

The GOP fooled me the first time with Bush-41 so shame on them. Then they fooled me the second and last time with Bush-43 to my undying shame. They didn't fool me with McCain but did fool many others.

pkbites

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
They didn't fool me with McCain but did fool many others.

In years past McCain frequently talked out of both sides of his mouth regarding gun rights. I saw him speak down in Louisville back in May and all of a sudden he's Mr. Second Amendment. Bull!

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jeez yeah this year or next could be a bad year, now I see why people say "you can take my gun out of my cold dead hands" A guarunteed right under the constitution is constantly being attacked and the people have such little power that frustration and anger like mine just keeps on building up. Well looks liek on monday I will be on teh phone all day calling and on the computer writing my state and federal representatives. It is hard tiring and frustrating to be a 2nd ammendment activist as you know but I'm glad were all still here. Be sure to call your representatives!! We can't let this law pass of we'll have towns that are totally gun free!

Ben :banghead::cuss:

but hey its saturday! :celebrate:D

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Why will they listen to you now with at least two years until they again face being unseated? Did you e-mail/telephone previously and do you feel ignored? What is expecting different effects from the same cause called? It's the same old same ol' smoke where the sun don't shine.

Read, understand and practice The Real Nature of Politics and Politicians: America’s System Works, But Not the Way You Think!

http://www.rmgo.org/alerts/RealNature.shtml

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yes I do feel ignored thats why it's so frustrating and I feel so powerless. But I will still try to be an active citizen, what i think we need is a rally on madison and washington with gun owners uniting.

Ben

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well there is one pro-gun action since Obama was elected. According to my trade magazine gun sales have increased 15% nationwide since Nov. 4.

smithman

imported post

Waukesha's gun show was a zoo yesterday. Never seen it so packed...ever.

A direct result of the national and state elections, clearly.

The guy from the Wisconsin pro-gun movement who went on the loudspeaker was of the opinion that the state democrats would first outlaw private transfers. Since clearly, when thugs sell stolen guns to other thugs this law will force them go to an FFL and do the transfer there, which they clearly will obey if implemented :banghead:

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

smithman wrote:
The guy from the Wisconsin pro-gun movement who
James Fendry IS the, archly, "Wisconsin pro-gun movement" and IS the failed National Rifle Ass lobbyist. Epithets mean nothing and especially self-assigned epithets.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

WIG19

imported post

Requiring that all guns sold in the state have ballistic fingerprinting, and that fired rounds from each gun be stored with the Department of Justice. He said that would create a trail for law enforcement to track down both guns and criminals.

Yeah, that kind of thing worked so well out east, costing MILLIONS of dollars and, maybe contributing to ONE indictment, and worked so well that I think only two states are doing it now and Maryland is looking at ash-canning the whole program.

Techno-babble libtard appeasement crap, and another false-hole into which ostriches can stick their collectivist heads.

smithman

imported post

WIG19 wrote:
Requiring that all guns sold in the state have ballistic fingerprinting, and that fired rounds from each gun be stored with the Department of Justice. He said that would create a trail for law enforcement to track down both guns and criminals.

Yeah, that kind of thing worked so well out east, costing MILLIONS of dollars and, maybe contributing to ONE indictment, and worked so well that I think only two states are doing it now and Maryland is looking at ash-canning the whole program.

Techno-babble libtard appeasement crap, and another false-hole into which ostriches can stick their collectivist heads.
I wonder if this would be enforced going forward only. Of course it is hogwash. Our founding fathers would have shot the person who suggested this breach of liberty.

Realize that this would put WI in the ranks of the most firearm rights-restricted states such as CA which require microstamping and junk.