• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

choosing an oc gun

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

yo101jimmy wrote:
Its a mild shooter. but being a 9mm can really hurt

P.S.

2 very famous rap artists were killed here in Las Vegas with a 9mm...

Stop the caliber wars.

newb.gif

scorpioajr

imported post

Welcome to the Utah OCDO forums, where unless you carry a .50BMG your a just "a little guy" ...

although, the:
comment, does; unfortunately - perpetuate a certain forum members' perception that only potheads and rappers carry 9mm's. lol

yo101jimmy

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
yo101jimmy wrote:
Its a mild shooter. but being a 9mm can really hurt

P.S.

Stop the caliber wars.

newb.gif
WOW I was only stating a point. you can die getting hit by a .22 So this isnt about whats big and bad! I was expressing to her that its a 9mm has a hit but not hard to handle. so if you would like to talk about what does what start a new topic and I might join up but lets try keeping this one online.

:dude:

HAHA and I must be a rapper that is a newbie LOL

glock10mm

imported post

nessala wrote:
yeah, I've tried several different techniques for racking the sllide. The problem is that I've had extensive surgery which pretty much beat the crap out of my left chest wall and left me with all sorts of scar tissue and adhesions and non existent muscle tone, so it's not a matter of hand strength, although thats a contributing factor. Maybe, I'm just going to have to resign myelf to a 22 and try to get over the "I'm a wimp" feeling.:cry:
I have a Ruger P95 9mm...I have "taught" many people that have never fired a weapon before on this particular piece. They found it easy to rack, aim and fire. It's a bit bulky for Concealed Carry, if that is what you plan, but a good piece and affordable, around $350, I think. The XD-9mm's are very easy too...good luck!

thx997303

imported post

B_S, we got it, you think everyone should carry a Glock. Gotta say, just because one 11 yr old girl can operate it, everyone should be able to.

Put it away. We know what your opinion is.

yo101jimmy

imported post

nessala wrote:
I am a 32 year old semi-disabled female. And I am trying to figure out which gun to buy. Basically I am wanting something very easy to use, with as little recoil as possible while still being effective. Any suggestions?
REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL POST!

Semi-disabled female, why would you want to offer a large grip hand gun this route.

:what:GLOCKS AND XD are great guns but not for everyone. :what:

Nessala,

My suggestion is go to the gun shops find a gun that feels good just by the weight in a 380 or 9mm.

:dude:

Also keep in mind the type of Ammo,

check out this ling for a bit of a info for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaXcXVvRuJ8

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

You gotta go try 'em on for size! Suggestions are fine but "hands on" is a must to find something that is suitable for you personally.

Yata hey

yo101jimmy

rodan32

imported post

If I might jump in, I would mention the Beretta Cheetah. It's a .380, with an optional tip-up barrel that means you won't have to rack the slide to put a round in the chamber. I have that feature on my Beretta Tomcat (my back-up gun) and it works very well. For those with concerns about the barrel, my little Tomcat shoots straighter than my XD.

For something with a little more stopping power, I would say try a .357 revolver. My wife has handled one, and with the right gun (typically a heavy one, so keep that in mind too) the recoil is less than my XD (that's the .40 sub-compact I'm comparing to). If you find the .357 to be too much, try a .38 special.

I know there are some big-caliber fans on the board, but the smaller calibers still have decent stopping power, and can be easier to shoot straight repeatedly.

Just my opinions. Check out that Cheetah, if you can find one.