• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Night time Enounter

Carpet475

imported post

I was sitting here this evening on another forum and chatting with my Bro via IM. When 3 hooded figures lurk past my windows headed for my front door. I saw one out of the corner of my eye then caught the other 2. They had started to approached the door in a very quik and menicing manor haunched and like I said hooded. The thought of the past few weeks and the several home invations went through my head. At the same moment I started to Draw the 3 Olde English Bulldogges I have barked and started for the door. One of the fellows saw me Draw and the look on his face was priceless. The look of "Holly Sheep Dip! We are in trouble!" And all three turned tail and ran up the street.
When I got out to see where they were headed there was accually 4 of them. And all were headed for the next county! It was quite a sight to see my Dogges on the edge of the property watching them intently to make sure they were gone as well.

grimstar

imported post

Did you have the extra ceramic armor plate duct taped to your back...was your wife covering you with a .338 lapua?

Do you post on other forums under the name gecko45 ?

grimstar

OC.org disclaimer...all the above is meant in jest...sort of...if it helps...until I have a high enough post count...

Carpet475

imported post

Glad I could give you all something to poke fun at.:banghead::D

Grimstarif you are asking me if I post under the name gecko45, no I post under the same name as here.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

To be honest, I'm not quite sure what exactly you said that brought "mall ninja" to mind...

Edit: what I mean is, I read your post, and it did not make me think "mall ninja".

Carpet475

imported post

well now that dirty such and such..... J/k.

I know where I stand and why I'm there and don't need anyone's approval to know I'm right.:p

I was just a little taken back is all. ;)

grimstar

imported post

...it was meant mostly in jest. Some of us are just a little suspicious when someone posts a story like that as their 1st or 2nd post here.

And it was just so well written I couldn't help but think of the glory days of gecko45 on Glocktalk. If you've never read those posts, you owe it to yourself...they take hilarious to a whole new level.

Welcome to OC.org. I'm actually glad things went well for you. The last time I did something like that, I had the local po po at my door...2 hours later...

Grimstar

Carpet475

imported post

I can have fun and laugh at myself, but when someone feels the need to insultme I take exception to that it's rude and immature if you ask me.

Keep in mind some people my read allot and post little, that doesn't mean what they think or say worth less than someone that has thousands of posts.

This was not meant to be directed at any one person or as an attack on anyone just my thoughts on the reactions here.

scorpioajr

imported post

Carpet475 wrote:
I can have fun and laugh at myself, but when someone feels the need to insultme I take exception to that it's rude and immature if you ask me.

Keep in mind some people my read allot and post little, that doesn't mean what they think or say worth less than someone that has thousands of posts.

This was not meant to be directed at any one person or as an attack on anyone just my thoughts on the reactions here.
ya never know..

Carpet475

imported post

So that's why you start out nice and feel out what/who they are, there really is no need to be a jerk. To be honest I'm ashamed/embarrassedto see how you people would treat a noob or someone who youperceive to be a noob.

Really I think this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, sorry you feel you've been treated poorly. I don't think anybody intended to make you feel that way. Welcome to the forum, if that means anything. ;)