• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A potent business strategy to defeat all Federal firearms laws?

Will this strategy work to legally avoid federal firearms laws?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• No

• Total voters

Alexcabbie

imported post

Statesman wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
The trouble with this plan is that the government doesn't pay any attention to the Constitution. Even SCOTUS has tossed it aside.

When they ruled that Roscoe Filburn growing wheat on his own farm for his own use was interstate commerce, the game was over. They then solidified it by ruling that Angel Raich was engaged in "interstate commerce" by growing medical marijuana at home.
Wasn't it on the basis that the seeds for the wheat was transported across state lines at some point in history? The same goes for marijuana.

This won't be the case for metals mined out of the ground, unless they come out with some whacked out theory of lava flow when the Earth was forming. Rocks in the ground do not have the tendency to cross state borders to "affect interstate commerce".

I'm telling you, states need to run with this. I'll look for the alleged bill in Texas tonight. Let the feds take it to the courts, and we'll see what happens.
The basis for the Filburn ruling was even more outlandish than that! The reasoning was that by baking his own bread with flour grown on his own land and milled by his own hand, he therefore would not buy bread shipped in interstate commerce and thus his growing of wheat over his quota "affected Interstate Commerce" and thus the law against it was, according to SCOTUS, constitutional.

How ANYBODY charged with "interpreting" the plain English of the Constitution could possibly conclude that the Founders actually intended to provide a loophole that Kirk could warp-drive the Enterprise through is beyond me, but that is what has happened.

Hef

imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
While I agree with your thoughts, it would be near impossible to implement....

The ICC would apply to ALL materials required to manufacture firearms....i.e., ALL metal orr would have to be processed into steel, aluminum etc. in state...as would ALL composites.
They would not only have to be processed in state, their "virgin" materials would also have to originate in state....most states simply don't have the needed raw materials "in house".

Since the raw materials do not become firearms until they are machined beyond 80% completion, the Interstate Commcerce Clause could (arguably) only apply after that point. Thus, materials could flow freely across state lines, and would only be subject federal regulation AFTER they have become receivers.