• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Panic Buying

Mainsail

imported post

Most places are sold out of AR and AK magazines as well as the firearms themselves for reasons that should be obvious. I was just over at Mary’s and they’ve got a good stock of AK magazines, Magpul P-Mags and other AR mags, and several AR lowers. And no, they’re not price gouging, the prices are the same low prices they always have.

Just a heads-up for the forum.

Richard6218

imported post

I don't have any of these but I just this week ordered a Sig P250 from BudsGunShop and the order got booked ok. But once they cleared my dealer's FFL things got bogged down: they sent me an automated notice that it was staged to ship, then another saying it was shipping, and they included a 20-something digit USPS number. I tried to look up the number on the USPS tracking site and it came up empty. Next day, same thing. I tried to call them and their phone system was jammed --- even got a BZ signal several times. When I finally did get thru all I got was a voice mail message which has still not been returned. They finally answered my email inquiry on Friday but it was a form email that was a bit cryptic and didn't really answer my question. Then late Friday they sent another automated email that said "SHIPPED". That one had a ring of credibility,so it appears I will have it sometime this coming week. Just communicating with them seems to be a major hassle at the moment. I know exactly what they're doing: anything that doesn't have to do with booking new orders is low priority, including followup inquiries.

Mainsail

imported post

This is posted on the AIM Surplus site:

11/07/2008 Memo to our Customers:

As you know, we at AIM and others in the firearms industry are experiencing an extraordinarily high demand for the products we sell.
This extreme demand compares only to the spike experienced in 1993-1994 when the Brady Bill became law.

Although we will do all we can to insure the fulfillment of your order(s) in its entirety, we are experiencing product shortages that may result in backorders or delays of specific product from your order.

We ask for your patience as we work diligently to process orders, answer phone calls and respond to the thousands of emails requesting information about orders placed and product status.

Although some have responded to this spike by raising their prices immediately after the election. You have our promise that we will make every effort to maintain our advertised prices until our suppliers increase our costs.

In an effort to better control our remaining inventory, we are allowing only selected products to be purchased via our website this weekend.

Thank you again for your business and your patient understanding.

Mainsail

imported post

I don't know what's going on with my camera, but here's the AR finished. The only thing I may add in the future is the magnifier for the EOTech.

d8ebfbdb-ace9-4872-87f9-79f8cab37493.jpg

G27

imported post

I was up at Silverdale Sportsman's and they pretty much seemed to be empty on everything. It was kinda embarrassing the selection they had to offer. Just kidding, Trigger Dr! :D

On a side note, it took me a week plus to get my stuff from Bravo Company. Usually takes a few days and pretty much everything on their website now is back ordered.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So... I went to the WAC show today.

I took part in the panic buying and purchased a WASR-10today.

Or I think I did... NICS "Delayed" me! :cuss:. I guess I'll know more in a day or so.

AK's and AR's were flying off the tables! By noon all the 7.62x39 ammo in the place was GONE. By the time I left, just about anyone that had an EBR on their tablewas sold out.

There was some good pricing on 7.62x54R, and if I hadn't just blown my wad on the AK, I'd have bought a case of the stuff. $50 for 400 round tins, and a small discount by the case.

bluer1

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
So... I went to the WAC show today.

I took part in the panic buying and purchased a WASR-10today.

Or I think I did... NICS "Delayed" me! :cuss:. I guess I'll know more in a day or so.

AK's and AR's were flying off the tables! By noon all the 7.62x39 ammo in the place was GONE. By the time I left, just about anyone that had an EBR on their tablewas sold out.

There was some good pricing on 7.62x54R, and if I hadn't just blown my wad on the AK, I'd have bought a case of the stuff. $50 for 400 round tins, and a small discount by the case.
Damn, I was going to go tomorrow to try to find a couple AR lowers. I did just get another 500 rd. can of german surplus 7.62x51, but it's berdan primed so it's going in the SHTF pile.

neddis

imported post

I went to two stores in Kennewick today. They were both almost out of AR rifles. I have to admit, I did take part in the panic buying. I got a Saiga .308. Both stores said that basically, all the stores in the area were out of AK, AR, and just about anything else semi-auto assault style type weapons. 7.62x39 and .223 ammo was flying off the shelves too.

One gun store employee said something along the lines of: "for being anti-gun, Obama is the best gun salesman I have ever seen."

retrodad

imported post

I'm so screwed. I wanted to do this weeks ago, but the wife has refused to let me pull the trigger on a purchase.

I love your setup Mainsail - it's exactly what I'm looking to ramp up to.

Don't suppose I'd make any headway calling someone like Oly Arms to ask when their next wave of shipments is headed out to retailers?

bluer1

imported post

Jamfish - Try gunbroker.com Tons to choose from. I highly recommend DPMS. Don't even think about ordering through them though, 18000 rifle backlog.

tricityguy

imported post

I went into Sportman's in Kennewick on election night when it was clear Osama was winning, bought the last of their top end Bushmaster ARs & the last PS-90 they had, too. Also got the last of their PS-90 ammo, last scope in the type I wanted for the PS-90 & half the AR 30 round clips they had on display... Picked up the last PS-90 50 round clip I could find at another gun store the next morning. I'd have bought more but I ran out of money.

David.Car

imported post

I ordered all my parts the weekend before the election... Most places were backordered 3-4 weeks at that point... One week later and they are backordered for months in most places. My customM4gery should all arrive and be completed sometime mid December...

Tawnos

imported post

FogRider wrote:
tricityguy wrote:
...Osama...
We're really still doing that? I thought that went away.
It was dumb and rude before the election. It is dumb and rude after the election. Being polite doesn't (or shouldn't) just apply to those you like or agree with. Insinuating that the President-elect of the United States of America is the same as a wanted terrorist is both lowlife and antithetical to our cause. It causes people to ignore our reasonable statements due to association with the extremist or unreasonable.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

tricityguy wrote:
...half the AR 30 round clips they had on display...
AR's are clip fed? I know my SKS is, and so are my Mosin Nagants. M1 Garand rifles are clip fed, but I could have sworn an AR was magazine fed. Unless you load the 30 round mags with the 10 round stripper clips.

Ok, I'm up late and feeling goofy. Just had to bust your chops on that one! :p