• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is alcohol sold in NM?

vermonter

imported post

If I want to eat out what places commonly do/do not sell. How about supermarkets, do all have a beer wine case? Is there a sign out front that says "we sell beer / wine"? Where am I safe to go and get food where I don't have to leave my pistol in the car? I do not have a NM license and my CCW's are not accepted in NM>

mserr

imported post

It's illegal to enter any place that sells alcohol while open carrying, which is what I'm assuming you're doing since you don't have a NM CCW. Basically every grocery store and restaurant sell alcohol/liquor. A lot of gas stations do too but not all, so be careful. It's a felony if you do get caught.

NMGlock26

imported post

There is no way to know for sure what business sells alcohol without asking or looking first.It seem like every business in NM has a license. Be very carefull with this statue. Violation of NM statue 30-7-3 is a4th degree felonythat can not be reduced or plea bargined to a lesser charge. It is a mandatory 1 year in prison.Please review NM statue 30-7-3.

gunscribe

imported post

The safest course of action is to assume that any place that sells anything also sells alcohol either for on or off site consumption.

Since coming back here for the winter I have travelled to most parts of the state and I have not encountered a single convenience store yet that does not sell alcohol for off site consumption.

As for sale for on site consumption there are an innumerable amount of Mom & Pop restaurants, drive ins, diners, dives and cafe's that have at the very least a wine & beer license. Sometimes there is a beer brand neon sign in a window and sometimes you don't know until you open the menu.

That is of course in addittion to all of the Applebee's, Chili's and similar franchises.