• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carried for the first time last night

JohnHoliday

imported post

I finally open carried last night, and then later in the evening talked to some LEO in Cary, NC about open carrying.

First off, the Open Carry went fine, no one seemed to noticed, although I only really went to a movie store with it.

I did see some LEOs at the movie theater just eating popcorn at the entrance when I came in, and I decided to ask them their take on open carry.

They said open carry is completely legal in NC, and there is nothing they can do to stop it. He said to be prepared to have a couple conversations with LEO and that people will call the cops on you, but there is nothing they can do about it.

He mentioned the "going armed to terrorize" or whatever law, and then said "that is something completely different from open carrying though" which I thought was nice to hear for a leo.

Thas it. :)

StateIH

imported post

Add another first open carry for the weekend. I'mon the south edge of Raleigh. Earlier this evening, OC'd while at a grocery store. No problems either.

Just got my holsterin earlier this week that has retention, figured I needed to try it. Will be OCing more for sure.

nobama

imported post

I open carried for the first time yesterday.Broke the ice buying some gum at a gas station,then went to Walmart. One gentleman came up and asked me how long Ive been OC. I told him about 15 min. No problems. I have yet to tell my wife.

jp49911

imported post

I just bought my first weapon at the gun show in Raleigh Saturday and I couldn't wait to open carry. I love having my Smith and Wesson M&P .40 on my right hip with my extra mag on the left.

I carried Sunday and Monday without incident. A few looks, one girl asking if I was a cop then wiggin out when I said no. One guy said "Oh man you packin" when he noticed. Altogether it's been great.

jp49911

imported post

It was a place where she was working. She was a cashier and when I told her no she said why are you carrying that? I said well how else am I supposed to get to it?

Her: Don't you need a permt?

Me and Her more educated co-worker in unison: Not to open Carry.

Co-Worker: My dad wouldn't leave me at home by myself till I learned to shoot.

Her: I'm scared of guns.

Me: Well we tend to be afraid of things we don't know about. If you learn about firearms your fear will probably turn into a respect.

Her: Well I still don't like them.

Me: Well if someone came in here with a gun robbing the place wouldn't you feel more comfortable that a person like me with good moral character had a gun too?

Her: Well you could miss...Long As I can get out of the way.

I digressed at that point and completed my purchase. She wasn't rude at all and I'm sure she and her co-worker continued the conversation once I left.

jp49911

imported post

I was picking up some shampoo at Sally's Beauty Supply in Greensboro. It's the one on Holden Rd. in the Shopping center next to Wet n' Wild Emerald Point.

RoadKing

imported post

jp49911 wrote:
I just bought my first weapon at the gun show in Raleigh Saturday and I couldn't wait to open carry. I love having my Smith and Wesson M&P .40 on my right hip with my extra mag on the left.

I carried Sunday and Monday without incident. A few looks, one girl asking if I was a cop then wiggin out when I said no. One guy said "Oh man you packin" when he noticed. Altogether it's been great.

I always seem to hear about the gun show(s) in Raleigh AFTER they happen. Do they get posted here or some place that I need to link to?

TIA,

RK

buzzsaw

imported post

If you go to their web site or to a show and register with them you will get more notifications than you can imagine. Been there done that.