• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carried for the first time last night

RedOx1

imported post

New guy here.

I just bought my first handgun on the 4th. Taurus PT92. I sucked it up for ammo prices and bought 200 rounds of 9mm when I got the pistol. I put about 100 rounds through it the same day. And then Today, well yesterday the 5th, I took the plunge and decided to OC. First place i went was the Taco Bell in huntersville(i think thats the county, off of 73 near birkdale village?). The first person that saw me was the cashier.

He didn't say anything to me but when my brother got up there to place his order, he asked my brother if i was a cop. lol. told the guy no. Then he asked if i had a permit. My brother said "For what?" and then explained the OC law as i had explained to him.
My little bro is awesome.

Then i went home. And about 9 last night, i went to the gas station. No wierd looks or questions or anything.