• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA GUN NEWS....

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have set up a Google group called VA Gun News.

It contains many gun related news articles. Mostly impacting the VA gun owner, but also items that do not directly impact them, but might be of interest to them.

If you want to request a subscription (and have a Google account) go to

http://groups.google.com/group/va-gun-news/subscribe?hl=enhttp://groups.google.com/group/va-gun-news/subscribe?hl=enhttp://groups.google.com/group/va-gun-news/subscribe?hl=en

If not, email me at techshowsat yahoo.com and I will add you.

This is my first try at a Google group so there may be some bugs to work out.

Please be patient....

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

pourshot wrote:
I have set up a Google group called VA Gun News.

This is my first try at a Google group
I signed up and also bailed the next day... I thought this was going to be new, inside info that I don't get from NRA, VCDL or Google. It seems like you went to Google.. setup a custom search (like GUN and VIRGINIA) and then post those stories to the group.. (One right after another I might add).

I guess that's ok if that is what it is for, but I don't need a group to do that... besides.. I think with OCDO, VCDL, NRA and Gun Owners of America.. I think I am "full".

my two cents.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ed wrote:
I signed up and also bailed the next day... I thought this was going to be new, inside info that I don't get from NRA, VCDL or Google. It seems like you went to Google.. setup a custom search (like GUN and VIRGINIA) and then post those stories to the group.. (One right after another I might add).

I guess that's ok if that is what it is for, but I don't need a group to do that... besides.. I think with OCDO, VCDL, NRA and Gun Owners of America.. I think I am "full".

my two cents.
No biggie, thanks for trying it out, but I have to ask...
Where do you think VA-Alert gets many of its news articles? :D

Busy days can be as many as 50 emails....like any good newsgroup....it is high volume.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I like the idea I can go to one place and find these stories. I like not having to set up the RSS feeds and get them in MY inbox, and I like that they're annotated as to state. Not only that, I see which are "news" and which are commentary.

I like to read blogs to read analysis, interpretation, and corollaries to news items; the beauty of this group is it's just the story (which I can then move to my blog, or re-transmit, etc.)

Thanks, pourshot.