• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not displaying Old Glory at Public meetings(OC Dinner, Picnic, etc) is illegal

david.ross

imported post

The whole point is, be law abiding. If you don't like it, protest to have it changed. If you don't want to do that, stop being a advocate for guns with the, "Only law abiding citizens open carry".

ne1

imported post

What next- a permit to carry a concealed flag?
"Congress shall make no law respecting...the right of the people peacably to assemble" (I presume that implies with or without flag).

david.ross

imported post

Hmm, let me guess. You also think laws against speeding should be declared unconstitutional. You think any type of license when needed is unconstitutional as well?

Where does the whole constitutional vs unconstitutional stop in your mind?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

No, I think such laws should be repealed simply because they do not work and are counter-productive. Constitutionality has nothing to do with it.

Now, on to your next straw-man. ;)

david.ross

imported post

... Well, you do know the magistrate makes laws so the city/state can make money. :) When you break a law, you're technically supporting your country.

I still think the Old Glory law at public gatherings is perfectly okay. If you've a problem, make them private to restricted/registered people only.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
... Well, you do know the magistrate makes laws so the city/state can make money.
"[M]agistrate makes laws"? BS Provide a citation.

The committee of the political subdivision that makes the ordinances also hires the magistrate to adjudicate and the constable to enforce. Policing is a public service that cannot be self supporting.

Our two man LEA costs on the order of $100K. That's a bunch of tickets to be profitable - from 700 people.

Words mean things. Magistrates are not judges. Ordinances are not laws. Towns are not Counties.

david.ross

imported post

*blush* yes sorry. I didn't mean to say such a thing. :) I typed when tired and am still tired, I don't want to say what the statement was based from, it will just piss people off.

Oh, its possible for a LEA to be self supporting. I can't remember if it is Rhode Island or Maryland, which has the officers which are so strict to pull over people who speed even if it's one mile over the limit(plus buffer? in AK you can go 3 miles over without getting a ticket)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Chauvinism is anti-American. Far more childish is your idea that we force every Pennsylvanian to engage it in before they may exercise their natural right to peaceable assemble.

Aran

Banned
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
Aran wrote:
insane.kangaroo wrote:
I still think the Old Glory law at public gatherings is perfectly okay.
I think a law banning furries and imposing a death penalty on them is perfectly okay.
You want to be seen and treated as a child, perfectly fine by me.

This is the most ironic statement I've seen today.

"Wahh they aren't displaying a flag at their picnic I'm telling!"

david.ross

imported post

Citizens should be self-policing and rely less on the law enforcement officers to watch for laws which are broken. This much is for certain, as in Alaska we have a bad meth lab issue, which many have made statements in which citizens should be self policing.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The problem is not that Alaskans do not self-police for meth labs, the problem is that prohibition has caused meth labs to become financially viable "businesses". End prohibition, end the meth labs. The only way citizens need "policing" of any sort is in the form of responsibility for one's own safety, preferably by keeping your gun as your "constant companion".

Aran

Banned
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
Citizens should be self-policing and rely less on the law enforcement officers to watch for laws which are broken. This much is for certain, as in Alaska we have a bad meth lab issue, which many have made statements in which citizens should be self policing.

So much for law abiding citizens with firearms, eh?

Bring a flag, or I'll make sure LE does a check at every OC dinner or picnic.

Even better, if you don't like the laws, move to a different state. Pennsylvania does not need citizens which are not law abiding.

EDIT: even better

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong...

david.ross

imported post

The problem is when the issue of addictive drugs arise is nobody cares to think of the crime which is caused by said addiction. Cocaine, X, meth, and other addicts are the people who create crime in order to steal enough for their "cause". While I don't like anyone who uses marijuana, they do not cause crime. Even though marijuana use has been known to be a gateway to other drug uses which are addictive.

I know relating not showing the flag to drug use is off, but I'm trying to relate people should be self policing. Whether the solution be reporting the issue or helping to fix the issue.

Aran

Banned
imported post

I think people should actually mind their own business and allow others to do as they will, so long as they're not hurting anyone.

Say, sexual deviants, for example.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Meth has a long history. You'll have a hard time finding evidence of much of that sort of crime pre-prohibition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamine

Even today, most crime is committed by repeat offenders, which has a lot less to do with needing your next "fix" and a lot more to do with being the criminal type.

Edit: Interesting source, here. Read the page that comes up. It's clear that most addicts who commit crimes are criminals irrespective of their addiction.

Principles of Criminology