• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can IWB holster with a tucked in shirt be OC in Cali?

KS_to_CA

imported post

OK here's the question: Looking at the logo at the top of the website, is that something we can do in California?

Shirt tucked in, gun holstered using IWB holster where you can see part of the gun?

If it would help, mine is a Glock 27 that I normally strap using Blackhawk Serpa.

Thanks.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

You might get more responses in the California section.

I know that CA law says that a gun "carried openly in a belt holster" is not concealed. CA law doesn't necessarilyrestrict that to being the only thing that is not considered concealed, but if its carried openly in a belt holster it shouldn't be considered concealed.

Isn't theBlackhawk Serpausually usedOWB?

There are a lot of other restrictions in CA too that you must be aware of, if you aren't already.

For example, when knowingly within 1000 feet of a school your gun must be unloaded and in a locked case.

Also, in areas where discharge of firearms is prohibited (such as practically any city and many other places) there can be no rounds anywhere in the gun (no rounds can be chambered and no loaded magazine can be in the gun). A loaded magazine can be carried openly (on a belt holster for instance) but a loaded magazine cannot be concealed either as a concealed loaded magazine is illegal. However, a concealed speed loader for a revolveris not illegal.

stevenh512

imported post

I don't know, but personally I wouldn't risk it. Considering that there is some talk in the California forums about a concealed magazine being a concealed weapon because it's been ruled to be an "essential part of the firearm" I'd have to guess that a handgun in an IWB holster is concealed. Afterall, the barrel and slide are far more "essential" as parts of the firearm than the magazine is (especially since the manual for my Ruger 9mm tells me how to chamber and fire a single round without ever inserting a magazine) and an IWB holster conceals these parts of the gun under your waistband.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Purchasea real HOLSTER... attach it to a REAL belt apart from that wimpything that holds up yer drawers and display the weapon prominantly on your person. Remember in CA... your spare mags must also be exposed. No enclosed pouches. No questions as to yer intent or method. All this half baked nonsense will do nuthin' but give some kommiefornia popo wiggle room for probable cause.