• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Opinions on CZ52

Legba

imported post

They wholesale for just over $100, to my knowledge ($119.95 in the catalog I'm looking at now).

-ljp

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I scanned about 16 pages of pistols listed on gunbroker and only found 2. both had "buy now" prices of over $100. One was for $175 and the other $225. They may be going up.

Legba

imported post

This same catalog entry I'm looking at lists suggested retail at $299.95. Bad suggestion, I say. You should be able to get one for $200 or less, I would hope. I'm not aware of any Obama-induced run on commie pistols particularly.

-ljp

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, the CZ52 is off the table. My daughter came down for Thanksgiving and she shot it and the Mak 9mm. She liked shooting the CZ a little better (less recoil) but didn't like the idea of the over penetration of the hotter round. I explained to her that the Ij-70 (Mak ) had a shorter barrel (3.5") than the CZ (5") and that she could get a 9mm with a longer barrel and that would reduce the recoil some and be more accurate.

My oldest granddaughter (15 yo) really took to the Mak. The other two kids not so much into shooting, but they haven't been around guns much. What ever my daughter decides to get I feel like she and the kids will have ample oppertunity to get safe handgun training andpractice shooting at her church. Her pastor and some of the other members of the congregation are gun nuts. :D