Thread: Fairfax County False Arrest Status?

Post imported post

Does anyone know what's going on with the case of the false arrest by Fairfax County officers of the guy from North Carolina? I cited it elsewhere this morning as an example why not to notify if the law doesn't require it. I spent the better part of a couple of hours trying to remember where I saw it so that I could quote it. Now I'm curious as to what's happening. A more litigation-worthy example of police abuse of authority (without somebody being beaten or shot) I don't recall seeing in a long time. A magistrate has even already characterized it on the record as false arrest.

Thanks.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

Deanimator wrote:
    Does anyone know what's going on with the case of the false arrest by Fairfax County officers of the guy from North Carolina? I cited it elsewhere this morning as an example why not to notify if the law doesn't require it. I spent the better part of a couple of hours trying to remember where I saw it so that I could quote it. Now I'm curious as to what's happening. A more litigation-worthy example of police abuse of authority (without somebody being beaten or shot) I don't recall seeing in a long time. A magistrate has even already characterized it on the record as false arrest.

Thanks.
    Here's the original post. I haven't heard any more about it either.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...221234#p221234

Post imported post

MeBaby wrote:
    Deanimator wrote:

Thanks.
    Here's the original post. I haven't heard any more about it either.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...221234#p221234
    Thanks. I actually found it before I posted, but I probably wasn't clear about it. It took me a while to remember, and I had to search five forums to do it. It'd be nice to know what was going on, because this was one of the most blatant examples of, "I don't know the law, so I'll make something up". That needs to be ruthlessly beaten out of the perpetrators, without one iota of mercy.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

See the July 29 VA-ALERT. Item 2 was an update.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Here is a link to the July 29 VA-ALERT. Unfortunately, it refers to a June 23 special alert, which has dropped off the bottom of the archive index. Anybody know how to access the older alerts?

TFred

ETA: Found the June 23 alert here!

This article was reported just prior to my becoming aware of VCDL, so I didn't see it when it first came out. It really just astounds me that this sort of thing could actually happen in a modern police department. While I'm sure it would be no fun to endure such an incident... I can't help but imagine the smiles I would have on my face, as I would be imagining how I would spend the eventual settlement money I would be getting for flushing out these folks.
    :celebrate

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Tess wrote:
    Here is a link to the July 29 VA-ALERT. Unfortunately, it refers to a June 23 special alert, which has dropped off the bottom of the archive index. Anybody know how to access the older alerts?

TFred

ETA: Found the June 23 alert here!

This article was reported just prior to my becoming aware of VCDL, so I didn't see it when it first came out. It really just astounds me that this sort of thing could actually happen in a modern police department. While I'm sure it would be no fun to endure such an incident... I can't help but imagine the smiles I would have on my face, as I would be imagining how I would spend the eventual settlement money I would be getting for flushing out these folks.
    :celebrate
    Well, if it were me, I'd be buying a nickeled Colt M1911 with elephant ivory grips instead of a nickeled RIA M1911A1 for Christmas!