• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which guns would be banned?

yankees98a

imported post

Would an XD 45 be banned?

or just the magazines they use (would they limit guns to 10 rounds, etc)

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Depends how it is done.

If they do an AWB like the last one, the manufacture of newstandard capacity magswill be stopped but you can keep the ones you already own. In the last AWB only crippled low-capacitymags could be made, but lots of standard capacity mags were grandfathered in and available for sale at higher prices.

But who knows what they could have in store for us if a new AWB is passed.

khicks

imported post

imho, any and all black and ugly rifels, most handguns including the dangeris semi autos, any firearm that does not have any child safty componits that keep a child from touching the firearm. mags will be greatly limited in how many rounds that it holds as well as the number of mags that you can own, the amout of ammo that you can owm.

just put it this any crazey idea that some one from the brady group can think of banning will be banded

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

Firearms not suitable for sporting purposes "... any centerfire firearm with a protruding pistol grip, an internal magazine capacity of 5 or more rounds, a barrel length of less than 20 inches, the capacity to accept a detachable high-capacity feeding device, any military caliber, bayonet lug or flash-hider, any 'shoulder thing that goes up', any firearm capable of being fired with a Pistol Grip Only, or any combination of the above parts."

Firearms not conductive to micro-stamping trace methods "... any firearm that retains cartridge casings after discharge, i.e. all revolvers or shotguns without ejectors, any firearm, to include either breech or muzzle loaded blackpowder firearms, that does not use a steel, brass, or other deformable metal casing to hold propellent."

Firearms not conductive to micro-stapming trace methods "... any firearm that does not engrave a microstamped serial number on any projectile fired by such weapon, i.e. any smoothbore shotgun."

Firearms that resemble any current or former military arm "... any firearm that resembles in outward appearance, regardless of caliber, any firearm used by a modern army after 1860."

Firearms or Destructive Devices " ... any firearm with a bore of more than .50 inch except for that which the Secretary of the Treasury has determined is suitable for sporting purposes."

"Machine guns" "... any firearm capable of accepting a detachable magazine of more than 12 rounds.

Handgun not suitable for sporting purposes (aka those evil TEC-9's and things like that)... "any firearm of any caliber with either the clip, magazine, or other ammunition holding device situated in front of the trigger, any handgun that is chambered in a caliber either in current use, or in former use by any military or government agency."

Saturday Night Specials "any firearm lighter than xx-ounces, or constructed of a material that deforms at less than xxx-degrees temperature, any firearm manufactured with any easily removable or easily defaced serial number plate. Any firearm less than 8 3/4 inches barrel lenght."

Dirty Harry Specials "Any firearm heavier than xx-ounces, or with a barrel of more than 4.5 inches"

Sniper Rifles "Any centerfire rifle capable of using a telescopic sight of more than 3-power or any rifle capable of firing more than 500 yards"

I did the above on a spur of the moment. You can do anything, if you only phrase it correctly.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Here are the particulars of the 1997 HR1022. Maybe not what could come to pass, but one version maybe better, maybe worse than a real bill.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-1022

(a) In General- Section 921(a)(30) of title 18, United States Code, as added by section 2(a) of this Act, is amended to read as follows:`(30) The term `semiautomatic assault weapon' means any of the following:
  • `(A) The following rifles or copies or duplicates thereof:
    • `(i) AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR;`(ii) AR-10;`(iii) AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, or Olympic Arms PCR;`(iv) AR70;`(v) Calico Liberty;`(vi) Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU;`(vii) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FNC;`(viii) Hi-Point Carbine;`(ix) HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, or HK-PSG-1;`(x) Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;`(xi) M1 Carbine;`(xii) Saiga;`(xiii) SAR-8, SAR-4800;`(xiv) SKS with detachable magazine;`(xv) SLG 95;`(xvi) SLR 95 or 96;`(xvii) Steyr AUG;`(xviii) Sturm, Ruger Mini-14;`(xix) Tavor;`(xx) Thompson 1927, Thompson M1, or Thompson 1927 Commando; or`(xxi) Uzi, Galil and Uzi Sporter, Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle (Galatz).
    `(B) The following pistols or copies or duplicates thereof:
    • `(i) Calico M-110;`(ii) MAC-10, MAC-11, or MPA3;`(iii) Olympic Arms OA;`(iv) TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10; or`(v) Uzi.
    `(C) The following shotguns or copies or duplicates thereof:
    • `(i) Armscor 30 BG;`(ii) SPAS 12 or LAW 12;`(iii) Striker 12; or`(iv) Streetsweeper.
    `(D) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine, and that has--
    • `(i) a folding or telescoping stock;`(ii) a threaded barrel;`(iii) a pistol grip;`(iv) a forward grip; or`(v) a barrel shroud.
    `(E)(i) Except as provided in clause (ii), a semiautomatic rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.`(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.`(F) A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has--
    • `(i) a second pistol grip;`(ii) a threaded barrel;`(iii) a barrel shroud; or`(iv) the capacity to accept a detachable magazine at a location outside of the pistol grip.
    `(G) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.`(H) A semiautomatic shotgun that has--
    • `(i) a folding or telescoping stock;`(ii) a pistol grip;`(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine; or`(iv) a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds.
    `(I) A shotgun with a revolving cylinder.`
    (J) A frame or receiver that is identical to, or based substantially on the frame or receiver of, a firearm described in any of subparagraphs (A) through (I) or (L).`
    (K) A conversion kit.`
    (L) A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.'.

2a4all

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Here are the particulars of the 1997 HR1022. Maybe not what could come to pass, but one version maybe better, maybe worse than a real bill.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-1022
Implementing something like this will ensure that what many antis fear will come to pass, to wit, a return to the "wild west", in which citizens primarily armed themselves with the high tech weapons of the time, i.e. revolvers & lever action rifles.

How dangerous was that era again? :banghead:

nepawolf

imported post

Obama wants to also ban ALL semi-autos, as well as all pistols, everything in the previous bans and there was the other ban the failed that he'd porbably support that would ban all pump and lever guns as well. Basically all pistols, anything that could shoot long range, and anything that you could get a second shot off decently quick. Double barrels and bolt actions are probably reletively safe for right now, until they've decided those are too much. Just wait until they try to make you register your air guns. Look at England, they want to try to have all of their laws. If we allow this next thing you know you'll have to register your tv like the brits.

nepawolf

imported post

Well what about losing all of your bladed weapons that are considered too long. Do you like having a cleaver to cut meat, that'll go to. No more carrying a knife on you as a tool. One of the boroughs in NYC (can't remember if it's Brooklyn or the Bronx) you cant carry a knife on you at all.

opusd2

imported post

I imagine that muzzleloaders will be on the list since the projectiles could be larger than .50 cal. The same with potato guns! Outlaw that schedule 40 PVC and Aquanet!

When Aquanet is outlawed, only outlaws will have big hair...

KansasMustang

imported post

Sheesh if they wanna ban my .54 cal flinchlock I know I got troubles,,never shot down a plane with it tho' LOL like the anti's tried to say I can LOL

ScottyT

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
Sheesh if they wanna ban my .54 cal flinchlock I know I got troubles,,never shot down a plane with it tho' LOL like the anti's tried to say I can LOL
A .54 cal flintlock!?!?! You must be a terrorist because that firearm was specifically designed to shoot down commercial airliners!

:banghead:

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Anyone care to take a boat ride with me? My record is pretty solid at making it back to dry land, but my weapons never make it back... I sure do miss those evil things.

ps: I think there's a gun with a shoulder thing that goes up in my avatar. You think those might get banned?

KansasMustang

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
KansasMustang wrote:
A .54 cal flintlock!?!?! You must be a terrorist because that firearm was specifically designed to shoot down commercial airliners!

:banghead:
Haha yup dang right it is,,if the commercial aircraft is flyin at less than 100 yards and slows down so the short pause between ignition and firing let's me hit it ha ha:lol: