• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which guns would be banned?

opusd2

imported post

Just remember that Glocks and other polymer gripped handguns can pass right through security x-ray machines without being noticed. It's proven, I saw it on some news show once. The news wouldn't steer me wrong, would it?

I hope they don't outlaw my assault single shot shotgun. The barrel is 36" long and I bet that has some tactical advantage over the police in some way. I bet it can be used to sink ocean going ships. I know it has taken more than a few animals since I bought it when I was 10, so it is deadly.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I grew up with a 10 ga. behind the backdoor. When we heard the chickens fussing then Uncle Fred would fire a shot towards the coop, knowing that the hens were inside and safe at that range but the coon or fox was exposed.

A 12 ga. will be demonized as a .71 caliber. I wonder what is the inch caliber equivalent of 10 gauge?

ETA: .775 caliber http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauge_(bore_diameter)

So, remember, when .50 calibers are banned, so will 12 gauge shotguns and larger.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

They're going to try to ban everything.

As for rifles, if they can't call it an assault weapon, they're going to call it a sniper gun.

Every handgun is on their list as well. Too powerful or too cheap, no matter what it is.

Everything they've lied about in the last 12 years, they're going to finally accomplish. They're pulling out all the stops and we will experience a nearly total ban on all firearms.

I know not what course others may take, but as for me...

Real Americans will give them the ammo first. These sick bastards deserve to die, they are traitors. They aren't my President, Vice President, or Congress(wo)men. They're sworn enemies of the Constitution and the very idea of America. That makes them targets.

Legba

imported post

Well, anything over .50-cal is already classified as a "dangerous ordnance" or "destructive device," with the exception of most shotguns. Technically, I don't know how slugs shot through rifled shotgun barrels are legal, except for the fact that they are historically accepted hunting guns.

This real or imagined "ban" agenda is pissing me off - there isa rifle I've wanted for a long time, and now that I'm out of legal trouble and can legally get it, this run on the gun inventories has made them largely unavailable. I may be able to pre-order (and pre-pay for) one at the current price, but if these things undergo gross inflation, I may content myself with other stuff from my wish list. As it stands now, other gun owners are more of a problem for me personally than the incoming adminstration may be. Ironic.

-ljp

Legba

imported post

Same principle as for a "proper" rifle - the grooves impart spin on the bullet/slug, which stabilizes it in flight. That said, a round ball of a slug is still not very aerodynamic, but it still improves accuracy at a distance compared to shooting one through a smooth "shot" barrel. They're only generally used by deer hunters. Ohio has shotgun-only deer hunting (no rifles anyway), so they're pretty common here. You don't want to shoot shot shells throughrifled slug barrel, because the wad will spin from the rifling and cast the shot out in an "O" pattern.

-ljp

2a4all

imported post

Legba wrote:
Same principle as for a "proper" rifle - the grooves impart spin on the bullet/slug, which stabilizes it in flight. That said, a round ball of a slug is still not very aerodynamic, but it still improves accuracy at a distance compared to shooting one through a smooth "shot" barrel. They're only generally used by deer hunters. Ohio has shotgun-only deer hunting (no rifles anyway), so they're pretty common here. You don't want to shoot shot shells throughrifled slug barrel, because the wad will spin from the rifling and cast the shot out in an "O" pattern.

-ljp
That's exactly the premise behind the Taurus "Judge" when loaded with .410ga shotgun shells. The guy doing the demo in their video seems pretty proud of that.

http://www.taurususa.com/video/taurus-videos.cfm

Clearly, these will have to be banned!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It's amazing how anti-gunners actually cite their own ignorance as support for their position....

KansasMustang

imported post

SDoug Huffman wrote:
Legba wrote:
Technically, I don't know how slugs shot through rifled shotgun barrels are legal, except for the fact that they are historically accepted hunting guns.
I did not know about rifled shotgun barrels. What then is the difference between rifle and smooth bore?
Sorry fella's it's a rifled slug fired through a smoot bore slug barrel. Never heard of a rifled shotgun barrel, but I have fired rifled slugs theu a shotgun.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Evil Black ones of course...

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/9rGpykAX1fo&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Let's not forget those evil heat seeking .50 cal rounds...

:banghead:

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/BRQqieimwLQ&hl[/flash]

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I have incendiary devices throughout my house: matches, lighters, lighter fluid...

This moron is making a point without even knowing the meaning of her own words. Let's listen to the illiterate lawmakers.