• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rockingham Memorial Hospital

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Sure haate to see the area go this way but RMH makes it pretty clear. I'm sure they're private so they can prohibit guns...I just don't like it.

day8.jpg

bbundoc

imported post

Well since JMU bought the hospital we will no longer have to see that sign. Hopefully, they will forget to do it at the new building.

Stay safe. I heard that the gunmen that shot a 19 year old in Hunters Ridge are still roaming the streets.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Thankfully, some things haven't changed as much.
:lol:

Jessie has been a serious icon for a long time. (I've been eating them for over 50 years)
He has his finger on the pulse of his customers. Notice he is open from 9am to 10 pm, Sunday through Thursday...and....

9am to 10 pm Friday and Saturday:shock:

Who cares, he's made millions on a single diner. (The other one belongs to his kids)

day2.jpg

Thundar

imported post

Are we sure that this is a private hospital? IANAL, but, I thought that only public corporations and entities could issue bonds in Virginia. This smells a lot like the Waterside incident in Danbustown, I mean Norfolk.

Link: http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20081024005511&newsLang=en
October 24, 2008 11:20 AMEastern Time
Fitch Affirms Rockingham Memorial Hospital (Virginia) Revs at 'A-'; Outlook Stable

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fitch Ratings has affirmed Rockingham Memorial Hospital's (RMH) 'A-' rating on approximately $269 million in revenue bonds issued by the Harrisonburg (Virginia) Industrial Development. The Rating Outlook is Stable....

----------

This issue of what is public and what is private really must be resolved, We have to make this a priority for the 2009 General Assembly Legislative Session. IMHO it should really not be couched in terms of gun rights, but in terms of civil rights.

Suggestion:

Something along the lines of: 2009 Virginia Civil RightsAssurance Bill.

Be it enacted that any government entity or quasi government entityor corporation that is owned or partially owned by the federal or state government or any subdivision thereof shall not have the power to enact or enforce legislation ordnances, administrative acts (including the VAC) or rules that deny persons the rights enumerated in the U.S. Constitution, first thirteen Amendments to the U.S. Constitution, or the Virginia Constitution. Any rules so enacted are null and void, and no person with law enforcement authority derived from the Commonwealth, or any sub-division thereof, shall have the power to enforce such legislation, ordnances, administrative acts (including the VAC) or rules.

The Legislature of the Commonwealth intends to fully occupy the power to enact such legislation, including the balancing of rights, within the Commonwealth, and subordinate entities may only enactsuch civil rights legislation when specifically authorized by the Virginia Legislature.

essayons

imported post

Agreed... I think if private entities receive huge sums of taxpayer money they should be bound to follow state law.

richarcm

imported post

Jmu is planning, if they haven't already,on buying the old hospital building for dormitory use...I think. That sign should soon come down.

I miss jess' quick lunch. I met a waitress there who I unfortunately haven't talked to in a very long time.

packingdressagerider

Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Sure haate to see the area go this way but RMH makes it pretty clear. I'm sure they're private so they can prohibit guns...I just don't like it.

day8.jpg
The hospital in Lexington has those signs, Stonewall Jackson part of Carillion. Really loathe to go to SJH for anything, just due to that part of not being able to protect myself. Not keen on stowing a gun in the car.