Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hampton Roads meetup

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Weatherford, TX
    Posts
    126

    Post imported post

    I'm fairly new to both the forum and OC in general. I'd like to meet other people in the area with the same interests and concerns, while open carrying on a slightly larger scale. Right now my gun friendly friends will only go out concealed, even if I OC. A lunch on the weekend would be ideal, and any location is ok with me. I could also use it as a means to introduce more people to the idea of exercising their right to bear arms openly.

  2. #2
    Regular Member CRF250rider1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Herndon, VA & Martinsville, VA
    Posts
    1,448

    Post imported post

    We always have OC dinners during the week and they are pretty frequent now. We just had one this Wednesday at Joe's Crab Shack. We usually have 10-20 OCers

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Hampton Roads, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    71

    Post imported post

    Im down for a meet as well. Just keep me posted and i will try to make them as they come around.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Weatherford, TX
    Posts
    126

    Post imported post

    I did read about the Joe's Crab Shack dinner, but I was a little on the broke tip Wednesday. It'd be good for me around the first and fifteenth as it's payday for the military.

  5. #5
    Regular Member CRF250rider1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Herndon, VA & Martinsville, VA
    Posts
    1,448

    Post imported post

    If you want just set up a thread with a meet location and time on it for lunch or whatever it is you wanted to do. Then just wait for people to RSVP. Usually helps to give people a week or so say like next weekend or something you know.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Bubba Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach, , USA
    Posts
    883

    Post imported post

    Squid13 wrote:
    I'm fairly new to both the forum and OC in general. I'd like to meet other people in the area with the same interests and concerns, while open carrying on a slightly larger scale. Right now my gun friendly friends will only go out concealed, even if I OC. A lunch on the weekend would be ideal, and any location is ok with me. I could also use it as a means to introduce more people to the idea of exercising their right to bear arms openly.
    There is a VCDL meeting at the Lafayette Gun Club, 331 Dare Road, Yorktown, VA on Wednesday, Nov 19th at 7:30PM

    It's off I-64 Exit 258-B onto Rt 17 North then after about 5 miles make a right onto Dare Road. After the meeting there will be a group going to a local restaurant.

    If you want to post a Tidewater dining out, please post under the dining out thread - we set up a new one every month.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran Dutch Uncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,715

    Post imported post


    Bubba Ron,
    This was the first I had heard about this! Do you know which restaurant we will partonize?

  8. #8
    Regular Member Bubba Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach, , USA
    Posts
    883

    Post imported post

    Dutch Uncle wrote:
    Bubba Ron,
    This was the first I had heard about this! Do you know which restaurant we will partonize?
    No, I haven't heard, but going to dinner after a VCDL meeting is the norm....

    ETA - The meeting was listed in a VA-Alert...

  9. #9
    Regular Member CRF250rider1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Herndon, VA & Martinsville, VA
    Posts
    1,448

    Post imported post

    I will not be able to make the meeting next week

  10. #10
    Lone Star Veteran DrMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hampton Roads, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,553

    Post imported post

    Bubba Ron wrote:
    Dutch Uncle wrote:
    Bubba Ron,
    This was the first I had heard about this! Do you know which restaurant we will partonize?
    No, I haven't heard, but going to dinner after a VCDL meeting is the norm....

    ETA - The meeting was listed in a VA-Alert...
    Indeed it was, but PVC didn't include a time.

    So the meeting is at 7:30 PM? Good to know - thanks!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •