• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads meetup

Squid13

imported post

I'm fairly new to both the forum and OC in general. I'd like to meet other people in the area with the same interests and concerns, while open carrying on a slightly larger scale. Right now my gun friendly friends will only go out concealed, even if I OC. A lunch on the weekend would be ideal, and any location is ok with me. I could also use it as a means to introduce more people to the idea of exercising their right to bear arms openly.

Squid13

imported post

I did read about the Joe's Crab Shack dinner, but I was a little on the broke tip Wednesday. It'd be good for me around the first and fifteenth as it's payday for the military.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

If you want just set up a thread with a meet location and time on it for lunch or whatever it is you wanted to do. Then just wait for people to RSVP. Usually helps to give people a week or so say like next weekend or something you know.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Squid13 wrote:
I'm fairly new to both the forum and OC in general. I'd like to meet other people in the area with the same interests and concerns, while open carrying on a slightly larger scale. Right now my gun friendly friends will only go out concealed, even if I OC. A lunch on the weekend would be ideal, and any location is ok with me. I could also use it as a means to introduce more people to the idea of exercising their right to bear arms openly.
There is a VCDL meeting at the Lafayette Gun Club, 331 Dare Road, Yorktown, VA on Wednesday, Nov 19th at 7:30PM

It's off I-64 Exit 258-B onto Rt 17 North then after about 5 miles make a right onto Dare Road. After the meeting there will be a group going to a local restaurant.

If you want to post a Tidewater dining out, please post under the dining out thread - we set up a new one every month.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bubba Ron,
This was the first I had heard about this! Do you know which restaurant we will partonize?

Bubba Ron

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
Bubba Ron,
This was the first I had heard about this! Do you know which restaurant we will partonize?
No, I haven't heard, but going to dinner after a VCDL meeting is the norm....

ETA - The meeting was listed in a VA-Alert...

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Dutch Uncle wrote:
Bubba Ron,
No, I haven't heard, but going to dinner after a VCDL meeting is the norm....

ETA - The meeting was listed in a VA-Alert...
Indeed it was, but PVC didn't include a time.

So the meeting is at 7:30 PM? Good to know - thanks!