Thread: Hampton Roads meetup

Post imported post

I'm fairly new to both the forum and OC in general. I'd like to meet other people in the area with the same interests and concerns, while open carrying on a slightly larger scale. Right now my gun friendly friends will only go out concealed, even if I OC. A lunch on the weekend would be ideal, and any location is ok with me. I could also use it as a means to introduce more people to the idea of exercising their right to bear arms openly.

Post imported post

We always have OC dinners during the week and they are pretty frequent now. We just had one this Wednesday at Joe's Crab Shack. We usually have 10-20 OCers

Post imported post

Im down for a meet as well. Just keep me posted and i will try to make them as they come around.

Post imported post

I did read about the Joe's Crab Shack dinner, but I was a little on the broke tip Wednesday. It'd be good for me around the first and fifteenth as it's payday for the military.

Post imported post

If you want just set up a thread with a meet location and time on it for lunch or whatever it is you wanted to do. Then just wait for people to RSVP. Usually helps to give people a week or so say like next weekend or something you know.

Post imported post

Squid13 wrote:
    I'm fairly new to both the forum and OC in general. I'd like to meet other people in the area with the same interests and concerns, while open carrying on a slightly larger scale. Right now my gun friendly friends will only go out concealed, even if I OC. A lunch on the weekend would be ideal, and any location is ok with me. I could also use it as a means to introduce more people to the idea of exercising their right to bear arms openly.
    There is a VCDL meeting at the Lafayette Gun Club, 331 Dare Road, Yorktown, VA on Wednesday, Nov 19th at 7:30PM

It's off I-64 Exit 258-B onto Rt 17 North then after about 5 miles make a right onto Dare Road. After the meeting there will be a group going to a local restaurant.

If you want to post a Tidewater dining out, please post under the dining out thread - we set up a new one every month.

Post imported post

Bubba Ron,
    This was the first I had heard about this! Do you know which restaurant we will partonize?

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    Bubba Ron,
    This was the first I had heard about this! Do you know which restaurant we will partonize?
    No, I haven't heard, but going to dinner after a VCDL meeting is the norm....

ETA - The meeting was listed in a VA-Alert...

Post imported post

I will not be able to make the meeting next week

Post imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
    Dutch Uncle wrote:
    Bubba Ron,
    No, I haven't heard, but going to dinner after a VCDL meeting is the norm....

ETA - The meeting was listed in a VA-Alert...
    Indeed it was, but PVC didn't include a time.

So the meeting is at 7:30 PM? Good to know - thanks!