Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: VCDL Meeting in Annandale

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    who's going to the secret handshake pre-meetup?

    I'll be there around 6:15 probably, maybe earlier, maybe later (probably earlier).

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,764

    Post imported post

    I'll be there sometime between 6:15 and 6:45, depending on traffic.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  3. #3
    Regular Member IanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,896

    Post imported post

    I'l be there.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    bump. One week to go. Meeting is on Thursday, Nov. 20th.

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    The Lady Friendwill be at Day 3 of recovering fromknee replacement surgery. Depending on her recovery and when she gets discharged from the hurtspital, I will attend the souper-seekrit pre-meeting meetingthe VCDL meeting, and fellowship afterwards.

    Anybody need a (tentative) ride from Richmond?

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,761

    Post imported post

    I'll be in flight from Doha back here. This new job really puts a damper on meeting nights, lol.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    Bump. Friendly reminder the meeting is Thursday this week, NOV.20th.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    164

    Post imported post

    nova wrote:
    Bump. Friendly reminder the meeting is Thursday this week, NOV.20th.
    No need to be a member to attend, right? I might show up around 8. I have a class that ends at 7:50 at the NVCC Annandale campus a few minutes away. Since I've never been to a meeting before, or to the Mason District Governmental Center, is there anything I should know about parking or what building to go to once I'm there?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    tag wrote:
    nova wrote:
    Bump. Friendly reminder the meeting is Thursday this week, NOV.20th.
    No need to be a member to attend, right? I might show up around 8. I have a class that ends at 7:50 at the NVCC Annandale campus a few minutes away. Since I've never been to a meeting before, or to the Mason District Governmental Center, is there anything I should know about parking or what building to go to once I'm there?
    Nope. You don't need to be a member to attend. The Mason Gov't Center has parking behind the building, and the entrance is right there from the lot. Once you walk inside, the meeting room is to the right.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    164

    Post imported post

    nova wrote:
    tag wrote:
    nova wrote:
    Bump. Friendly reminder the meeting is Thursday this week, NOV.20th.
    No need to be a member to attend, right? I might show up around 8. I have a class that ends at 7:50 at the NVCC Annandale campus a few minutes away. Since I've never been to a meeting before, or to the Mason District Governmental Center, is there anything I should know about parking or what building to go to once I'm there?
    Nope. You don't need to be a member to attend. The Mason Gov't Center has parking behind the building, and the entrance is right there from the lot. Once you walk inside, the meeting room is to the right.
    Cool. So what goes on during these meetings?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    People chat, then VCDL President goes over current gun rights and other gun related news that relates to VA, members make funny comments/remarks, people chat, then we go get some food afterwards together. Lots 'o fun!

  12. #12
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,764

    Post imported post

    tag wrote:
    No need to be a member to attend, right? I might show up around 8. I have a class that ends at 7:50 at the NVCC Annandale campus a few minutes away. Since I've never been to a meeting before, or to the Mason District Governmental Center, is there anything I should know about parking or what building to go to once I'm there?
    Fellowship starts at 7:30, and Philip usually calls the meeting to order right about 8. So you shouldn't miss much.

    If you can afford the time, plan to attend fellowship afterward.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    tag wrote:
    nova wrote:
    Bump. Friendly reminder the meeting is Thursday this week, NOV.20th.
    No need to be a member to attend, right? I might show up around 8.
    No need to be a member. We've even told antis they are free to attend if they want. They've never taken up the offer. They did picket outside once during the Bloomberg Gun Give-away, but they didn't actually attend the meeting (It was too packed for most of us anyway).

    When some of our guys tried attending Million Mom March meetings, they got all pissy and shut down the meeting, even though our guys were just standing or sitting in the back of the room with closed mouths.

    VCDL doesn't hide. Antis hide. See you there.



  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    tag wrote:
    nova wrote:
    Bump. Friendly reminder the meeting is Thursday this week, NOV.20th.
    No need to be a member to attend, right? I might show up around 8.
    No need to be a member. We've even told antis they are free to attend if they want. They've never taken up the offer. They did picket outside once during the Bloomberg Gun Give-away, but they didn't actually attend the meeting (It was too packed for most of us anyway).

    When some of our guys tried attending Million Mom March meetings, they got all pissy and shut down the meeting, even though our guys were just standing or sitting in the back of the room with closed mouths.

    VCDL doesn't hide. Antis hide. See you there.

    Didn't MMM lose their tax-exempt status over that since they began holding their meetings on private property and behind closed doors?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    164

    Post imported post

    Tess wrote:
    tag wrote:
    No need to be a member to attend, right? I might show up around 8. I have a class that ends at 7:50 at the NVCC Annandale campus a few minutes away. Since I've never been to a meeting before, or to the Mason District Governmental Center, is there anything I should know about parking or what building to go to once I'm there?
    Fellowship starts at 7:30, and Philip usually calls the meeting to order right about 8. So you shouldn't miss much.

    If you can afford the time, plan to attend fellowship afterward.

    I think I can afford the time. VCDL site says "9:30 - ?:?? pm -- Informal Gathering at a Local Restaurant." Anybody know what restaurant?

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    I'll send you the restaurant location in a PM in a sec.

    I don't know if Philip wants the location made public or not so this will have to do.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    164

    Post imported post

    nova wrote:
    I'll send you the restaurant location in a PM in a sec.

    I don't know if Philip wants the location made public or not so this will have to do.
    Ahahah. I drove by the Gov't Center after class tonight to make sure I could find it, and on my way there I saw the place mentioned in the PM and thought "... I bet that's the restaurant they're going to afterwards.."

    And thanks for the PM

  18. #18
    Regular Member Harper1227's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lorton, VA
    Posts
    387

    Post imported post

    Hey all. Is this a family friendly meeting. We'd love to come but as most of you know we've got two little ones. Can we bring them along? Also, Nova can you PM me meetup locs.

    Thanks

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran gotm4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    89

    Post imported post

    I plan on attending, I might be a little late coming directly from work. This will be my first VCDL meeting.
    armorer & notary public for VA Arms Co FFL/SOT
    https://www.facebook.com/virginiaarmscompany

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    Harper1227 wrote:
    Hey all. Is this a family friendly meeting. We'd love to come but as most of you know we've got two little ones. Can we bring them along? Also, Nova can you PM me meetup locs.

    Thanks
    sure...just a sec.

  21. #21
    Regular Member nemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Winchester, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    272

    Post imported post

    nova wrote:
    Bump. Friendly reminder the meeting is Thursday this week, NOV.20th.
    Remind me again (friendly, if you want): is OC OK at Mason DGC? Inquiring minds have a short attention span.

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Spotsylvania County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    700

    Post imported post

    nemo wrote:
    Remind me again (friendly, if you want): is OC OK at Mason DGC? Inquiring minds have a short attention span.
    It is legal to carry in either manners in the meeting rooms, regular offices (e.g. non-police), and common areas at the Mason District building.
    ---

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    rlh2005 wrote:
    nemo wrote:
    Remind me again (friendly, if you want): is OC OK at Mason DGC? Inquiring minds have a short attention span.
    It is legal to carry in either manners in the meeting rooms, regular offices (e.g. non-police), and common areas at the Mason District building.
    Thanks for answering. I've been away from the internet all day.

    All PMs have been replied to.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    wednesday night bump

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    Nice to see everyone again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •