Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCDL Meeting in Annandale

Post imported post

who's going to the secret handshake pre-meetup?

I'll be there around 6:15 probably, maybe earlier, maybe later (probably earlier).

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I'll be there sometime between 6:15 and 6:45, depending on traffic.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I'l be there.

Post imported post

bump. One week to go. Meeting is on Thursday, Nov. 20th.

Post imported post

The Lady Friendwill be at Day 3 of recovering fromknee replacement surgery. Depending on her recovery and when she gets discharged from the hurtspital, I will attend the souper-seekrit pre-meeting meetingthe VCDL meeting, and fellowship afterwards.

Anybody need a (tentative) ride from Richmond?

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I'll be in flight from Doha back here. This new job really puts a damper on meeting nights, lol.

Post imported post

Bump. Friendly reminder the meeting is Thursday this week, NOV.20th.

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    No need to be a member to attend, right? I might show up around 8. I have a class that ends at 7:50 at the NVCC Annandale campus a few minutes away. Since I've never been to a meeting before, or to the Mason District Governmental Center, is there anything I should know about parking or what building to go to once I'm there?

Post imported post

tag wrote:
    nova wrote:
    No need to be a member to attend, right? I might show up around 8. I have a class that ends at 7:50 at the NVCC Annandale campus a few minutes away. Since I've never been to a meeting before, or to the Mason District Governmental Center, is there anything I should know about parking or what building to go to once I'm there?
    Nope. You don't need to be a member to attend. The Mason Gov't Center has parking behind the building, and the entrance is right there from the lot. Once you walk inside, the meeting room is to the right.

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    tag wrote:
    nova wrote:
    Nope. You don't need to be a member to attend. The Mason Gov't Center has parking behind the building, and the entrance is right there from the lot. Once you walk inside, the meeting room is to the right.
    Cool. So what goes on during these meetings?

Post imported post

People chat, then VCDL President goes over current gun rights and other gun related news that relates to VA, members make funny comments/remarks, people chat, then we go get some food afterwards together. Lots 'o fun!

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

tag wrote:
    Fellowship starts at 7:30, and Philip usually calls the meeting to order right about 8. So you shouldn't miss much.

If you can afford the time, plan to attend fellowship afterward.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

tag wrote:
    nova wrote:
    No need to be a member to attend, right? I might show up around 8.
    No need to be a member. We've even told antis they are free to attend if they want. They've never taken up the offer. They did picket outside once during the Bloomberg Gun Give-away, but they didn't actually attend the meeting (It was too packed for most of us anyway).

When some of our guys tried attending Million Mom March meetings, they got all pissy and shut down the meeting, even though our guys were just standing or sitting in the back of the room with closed mouths.

VCDL doesn't hide. Antis hide. See you there.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    tag wrote:
    nova wrote:
    No need to be a member to attend, right? I might show up around 8.
    No need to be a member. We've even told antis they are free to attend if they want. They've never taken up the offer. They did picket outside once during the Bloomberg Gun Give-away, but they didn't actually attend the meeting (It was too packed for most of us anyway).

When some of our guys tried attending Million Mom March meetings, they got all pissy and shut down the meeting, even though our guys were just standing or sitting in the back of the room with closed mouths.

VCDL doesn't hide. Antis hide. See you there.

Didn't MMM lose their tax-exempt status over that since they began holding their meetings on private property and behind closed doors?

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    tag wrote:
    Fellowship starts at 7:30, and Philip usually calls the meeting to order right about 8. So you shouldn't miss much.

If you can afford the time, plan to attend fellowship afterward.

I think I can afford the time. VCDL site says "9:30 - ?:?? pm -- Informal Gathering at a Local Restaurant." Anybody know what restaurant?

Post imported post

I'll send you the restaurant location in a PM in a sec.

I don't know if Philip wants the location made public or not so this will have to do.

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    I'll send you the restaurant location in a PM in a sec.

I don't know if Philip wants the location made public or not so this will have to do.
    Ahahah. I drove by the Gov't Center after class tonight to make sure I could find it, and on my way there I saw the place mentioned in the PM and thought "... I bet that's the restaurant they're going to afterwards.."

And thanks for the PM

Post imported post

Hey all. Is this a family friendly meeting. We'd love to come but as most of you know we've got two little ones. Can we bring them along? Also, Nova can you PM me meetup locs.

Thanks

Post imported post

I plan on attending, I might be a little late coming directly from work. This will be my first VCDL meeting.
    armorer & notary public for VA Arms Co FFL/SOT
    https://www.facebook.com/virginiaarmscompany

Post imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
    Hey all. Is this a family friendly meeting. We'd love to come but as most of you know we've got two little ones. Can we bring them along? Also, Nova can you PM me meetup locs.

Thanks
    sure...just a sec.

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    Remind me again (friendly, if you want): is OC OK at Mason DGC? Inquiring minds have a short attention span.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

nemo wrote:
    Remind me again (friendly, if you want): is OC OK at Mason DGC? Inquiring minds have a short attention span.
    It is legal to carry in either manners in the meeting rooms, regular offices (e.g. non-police), and common areas at the Mason District building.
    ---

Post imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
    nemo wrote:
    It is legal to carry in either manners in the meeting rooms, regular offices (e.g. non-police), and common areas at the Mason District building.
    Thanks for answering. I've been away from the internet all day.

All PMs have been replied to.

Post imported post

wednesday night bump

Post imported post

Nice to see everyone again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast