• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Meeting in Annandale

nova

imported post

who's going to the secret handshake pre-meetup?

I'll be there around 6:15 probably, maybe earlier, maybe later (probably earlier).

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'll be there sometime between 6:15 and 6:45, depending on traffic.

nova

imported post

bump. One week to go. Meeting is on Thursday, Nov. 20th.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Lady Friendwill be at Day 3 of recovering fromknee replacement surgery. Depending on her recovery and when she gets discharged from the hurtspital, I will attend the souper-seekrit pre-meeting meetingthe VCDL meeting, and fellowship afterwards.

Anybody need a (tentative) ride from Richmond?

stay safe.

skidmark

nova

imported post

Bump. Friendly reminder the meeting is Thursday this week, NOV.20th.

tag

imported post

nova wrote:
No need to be a member to attend, right? I might show up around 8. I have a class that ends at 7:50 at the NVCC Annandale campus a few minutes away. Since I've never been to a meeting before, or to the Mason District Governmental Center, is there anything I should know about parking or what building to go to once I'm there?

nova

imported post

tag wrote:
nova wrote:
No need to be a member to attend, right? I might show up around 8. I have a class that ends at 7:50 at the NVCC Annandale campus a few minutes away. Since I've never been to a meeting before, or to the Mason District Governmental Center, is there anything I should know about parking or what building to go to once I'm there?
Nope. You don't need to be a member to attend. The Mason Gov't Center has parking behind the building, and the entrance is right there from the lot. Once you walk inside, the meeting room is to the right.

tag

imported post

nova wrote:
tag wrote:
nova wrote:
Nope. You don't need to be a member to attend. The Mason Gov't Center has parking behind the building, and the entrance is right there from the lot. Once you walk inside, the meeting room is to the right.
Cool. So what goes on during these meetings?

nova

imported post

People chat, then VCDL President goes over current gun rights and other gun related news that relates to VA, members make funny comments/remarks, people chat, then we go get some food afterwards together. Lots 'o fun! :cool:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

tag wrote:
Fellowship starts at 7:30, and Philip usually calls the meeting to order right about 8. So you shouldn't miss much.

If you can afford the time, plan to attend fellowship afterward.

Tomahawk

imported post

tag wrote:
nova wrote:
No need to be a member to attend, right? I might show up around 8.
No need to be a member. We've even told antis they are free to attend if they want. They've never taken up the offer. They did picket outside once during the Bloomberg Gun Give-away, but they didn't actually attend the meeting (It was too packed for most of us anyway).

When some of our guys tried attending Million Mom March meetings, they got all pissy and shut down the meeting, even though our guys were just standing or sitting in the back of the room with closed mouths.

VCDL doesn't hide. Antis hide. See you there.

nova

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
tag wrote:
nova wrote:
No need to be a member to attend, right? I might show up around 8.
No need to be a member. We've even told antis they are free to attend if they want. They've never taken up the offer. They did picket outside once during the Bloomberg Gun Give-away, but they didn't actually attend the meeting (It was too packed for most of us anyway).

When some of our guys tried attending Million Mom March meetings, they got all pissy and shut down the meeting, even though our guys were just standing or sitting in the back of the room with closed mouths.

VCDL doesn't hide. Antis hide. See you there.
Didn't MMM lose their tax-exempt status over that since they began holding their meetings on private property and behind closed doors?

tag

imported post

Tess wrote:
tag wrote:
Fellowship starts at 7:30, and Philip usually calls the meeting to order right about 8. So you shouldn't miss much.

If you can afford the time, plan to attend fellowship afterward.

I think I can afford the time. VCDL site says "9:30 - ?:?? pm -- Informal Gathering at a Local Restaurant." Anybody know what restaurant?

nova

imported post

I'll send you the restaurant location in a PM in a sec.

I don't know if Philip wants the location made public or not so this will have to do.

tag

imported post

nova wrote:
I'll send you the restaurant location in a PM in a sec.

I don't know if Philip wants the location made public or not so this will have to do.
Ahahah. I drove by the Gov't Center after class tonight to make sure I could find it, and on my way there I saw the place mentioned in the PM and thought "... I bet that's the restaurant they're going to afterwards.."

And thanks for the PM :)

Harper1227

imported post

Hey all. Is this a family friendly meeting. We'd love to come but as most of you know we've got two little ones. Can we bring them along? Also, Nova can you PM me meetup locs.

Thanks

nova

imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
Hey all. Is this a family friendly meeting. We'd love to come but as most of you know we've got two little ones. Can we bring them along? Also, Nova can you PM me meetup locs.

Thanks
sure...just a sec.