• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It's Your Call With Lynn Doyle Rescheduled - wed 12 NOV 9-10pm eastern time on Comcast's channel CN8

jahwarrior

imported post

i lol'd hard at those tools from PRNJ. SFN, you really did impress me last night. i said so at the other forum, and i'll say so here.

some favorite parts:
when you threw out the 11% vs. 2% stat, effectively shutting up the cop guy.
calling out that asshat about his blog.
making him seem like he's responsible for making people into victims.

i could tell you were trying to be more or less reserved, but when you finally cut loose on his ass? classic stuff. one lowly suburban soccer mom, making a professional debater and lobbyist look like a moron on live TV. well, allowing him to make himself look like a moron, i should say. his attack on that woman on the phone was enough to sink his ship, you just kept those cannons firing.

well done.

shefearsnothing

imported post

Thank you all again. I could not have pulled it off without the support of all of you, your suggestions etc. I really hada GREAT time...now I can't wait to read Bryan's blog. :celebrate

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

With the right soccer moms and hockey moms leading the way, we would be a lot better off.

shefearsnothing is a winner on the field and off.

Can you provide a link to Brian's blog?

Yata hey

ghostrider

imported post

FreedomJoyAdventure wrote:
lildobe wrote:
For anyone who missed it, the entire program is available for viewing here:
http://www.lildobe.net/gallery2/v/PAFOA/Meleanie/SFN+on+Lyn+Doyle.flv.html

Good job, Meleanie!

Thank you very much for making this available!

Meleanie, congratulations and thanks for all you've done!
Can someone please explain to me why I can't get this to play? I have no problem playing the previous one, but I can't get her interview to play.

lildobe

Pittsburgh (Beechview), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

ghostrider wrote:
FreedomJoyAdventure wrote:
lildobe wrote:

Good job, Meleanie!

Thank you very much for making this available!

Meleanie, congratulations and thanks for all you've done!
Can someone please explain to me why I can't get this to play? I have no problem playing the previous one, but I can't get her interview to play.

Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash player, that Javascript is turned on and that you don't have any ad or script blocking software running. Those are the most common problems.

Aside from that, I couldn't tell you why it's not working.

Orygunner

imported post

+1,000,000 MELANIE!

Fantastic! Wonderful job! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Can't think of anything you could've done better!

...Just can't gush enough :)...
...Orygunner...

DanM

imported post

You really did a great job, Mel! You stuck to the Constitution, the law, and the facts of realityabout bothyour specific circumstances and law-abiding gun carriers.

As usual when faced with the above, those opposed to the rights to self-defense and to keep and bear arms had to "what if?" and ad hominem their way out of the rational discussion.

I'm convinced both Bryan and the LEO could "what if?" people into staying home and never coming outside. "You're what? Going out of your house??? What if [insert any one of thousands of bad possibilities] happens??? You really need to think about your judgement!"

At least, tohiscredit, Bryan wasn't anywhere near as complete a bald-faced liar as the LEO. Sure, Bryan saying he isn't opposed to gun ownership is a crock. But what is it with the LEO saying, in one breath, that he totally supports the rights to self defense, the 2A, and the RKBA, then with the next breath either proposing sky-is-falling "what ifs?" or questioning the "judgement" of those who exercise their rights? Was he off his medication for split-personality disorder?

Daddyo

imported post

I haven't made it all the way through the debate yet (really slow access at work, keeps buffering), but I had to say I love it so far.

I particularly liked when Bryan said carrying would give Melanie the upper hand in an argument. My first thought was "Apparently it doesn't or she would have capped you in the green room".

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ghostrider wrote:
lildobe wrote:

Good job, Meleanie!
It's not working for me. The previous one is, but not this one.
Ditto, I can play everything else on the 'dobe page, except the panel debate from last night. If someone understands why please make the information available. Thanks.

I saw some of it live but I'd like to watch all of it.

FreedomJoyAdventure

imported post

Meleanie: M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL!!! Flawless victory! IPPON! Sore made!

(for those wondering, 'M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL!!!' is between "MEGA KILL' and 'LUDICROUS KILL' in Unreal Tournament, 'Flawless victory!' is from Street Fighter, and 'IPPON! Sore made!' is Japanese for 'FULL POINT! Game over!', which is what the Judo referee yells after you sweep your opponent off their feet and score a full point)

WOOT!!!

Det. Lt. Steven Rogers has earned my undying contempt for trying to undermine the Constitution. He clearly thinks he's one of the Only Ones.

For those of you who cannot see the video, which browser are you using?

If it's Internet Explorer, click 'Tools', then 'Internet Options', then 'Settings', then 'View Objects' - this is where your browser plug-ins are stored. Do you have anything from Macromedia in there?

Also, click 'Tools', then 'Internet Options', and click on the tabs for 'Security' and 'Privacy' - what are those set to?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Whoever that caller named "Heather" was, was a severe douchebag. Correction, she is probably still a douchebag somewhere...

Loudmouth, sarcastic, insulting, and a liar. And this person has more rights than the woman who went the extra mile to protect EVERYONE'S kids?

'Heather' is an ingrate and degenerate of the highest order.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If we could get the actual video file...

It's a Flash Streamer like YouTube uses. Get the Flash Plugin for your browser and it will work.

Immediate argument: "But I have no problem with youtube, so you're just wrong."

You downloaded youtube's player, so yeah, it works. You didn't download this one. They aren't the same.

Which is why we need the actual video file. So we can upload it to youtube and not have this problem.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Pardon my idiocy. As usual, I am caught up in the cause and forget my manners.

shefearsnothing; you are an astute and admirable woman, and a great human being which others should dare to emulate. I doubt I would have done as well on such short notice. My journey to this place has been much longer. Should that day come for me, I will remember the example you have set.

When confronted by such fear-mongers and liars, I usually give them what for. I forget to let them prove themselves to be dirt on their own. Good job keeping your head and letting these sickos show the world how demented they really are. I enjoyed watching you giggle at their baseless accusations and insults. For once, it wasn't a sign of beign an airhead to see a woman do that. And how forcefully you layed the facts down on them, and caught them in their own double-talk and outright lies. Bravo!

Respectable people like you are rare now-a-days. Thank you.

DoubleTap

imported post

Unbelievable how well you did under such pressure from those 2 ------- on "the other side", especially that goof ball, Bryan. I was outraged over his comments about Carol's story. You kept your cool and were extremely professional and really knew your stuff. What a great job, Melanie - you should feel extremely proud at how well you represented all of us! Thanks and good luck.:)