• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 dead in argument over Alabama-LSU game

PT111

imported post

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27643324/

EVERGREEN, Ala. - Authorities say an argument over Saturday’s Alabama-LSU football game led to the shooting deaths of a couple at a home in southern Alabama.
Prosecutors identified the victims as Dennis and Donna Smith of Brewton. The shooting happened about 7 p.m. Saturday at the home of Michael Williams in the rural community of Owassa.

Williams was arrested and charged with two counts of murder.

Dennis Smith, an LSU fan, called Williams, an Alabama fan, after the Crimson Tide's 27-21 overtime win and an argument ensued, investigators told the Press-Register newspaper in Mobile, Ala.

The Smiths went to Williams' home. Investigators said Smith had a pistol and Williams had a shotgun and fired. Donna Smith was a relative of Williams’ girlfriend.
I don't know any details but either way it is not good for anyone involved or gun owners anywhere. Sure sounds like stupidity at its finest. An absolute tradgedy. There must be more to it because Williams was charged with murder at his own home and the others were also armed.

acrimsontide

imported post

As much as I love football, I can't even imagine how someone could be this ignorant!!

It will be interesting to hear more details since the person who was killed was also armed and reportedly at the alledged killers home. Strange situation over a football game.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yet another reason why football is stupid.

Just imagine if Americans spent all that time we wasted on football at the range! That might be a good first step towards a responsible society.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Also the shooter has a criminal record, and therefor doesn't have a gun.:cuss:

As always get no details on gauge, or shot. Was second person hit
with overshoot, or targeted also.

Of course this would never have happened if they just proved the tochdown happened.

The original story had the doa as LSU fans, subsequent ones as the AL.
So I think it is just two drunks, and they are blaming the football game,
to show that guns should not be alowed in homes with a football.