Thread: Valley Metro

Post imported post

Does anyone know if OC is prohibited on Valley Metro buses? I remember seeing No Weapons signs in them years ago, but haven't noticed any lately.

Post imported post

I asked the same question about Sun Trab here in Tucson not too long ago and was told no go but now law cited. From what I can tell they would fall under the same law as other government endeavors. Provide secure check-in or allow it. Since I've seen no gun lockers on public busses I would guess they are permitted. Not 100% sure tho. When I take the bus I just conceal.

Post imported post

Last time I checked... no weapons allowed on public transportation in AZ. I've never ridden a bus in AZ... 'prob'ly never will.

Post imported post

You may be right but I have yet to see the law that states that. You wouldn't happen to know would you Sonora?

Post imported post

Public buses are a "public establishment" that is owned/leased/operated by the government, and are thus required by the preemption and the storage statutes to allow carry or provide secure storage.

However, the bus is also a "means of transportation" which would be subject to Adams/Moerman case law that has clouded the definition of open carry within vehicles sans permit.

Post imported post

So then in theory, you would be ok OC or CC if you have a CCW permit.