Thread: Couple Questions....

Post imported post

B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Or

Welcome to the forum. In one of the first four threads is the Washington OC FAQ's its well worth reading through before posting questions.

Please read up on all the sections in RCW 9.41. http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41

#1) - RCW 9.41.050 will fill you in on having a weapon in your vehicle. In both cases of loaded and unloaded, the pistol is to be locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle. You might think about a small gun safe for the vehicle vs. the glove box or console.

#2) - There is no law against you locking it in your vehicle. If that was the case then I wouldn't be able to enter school property at all.

#3) - I can't speak for all detention centers but the few I have visited had lock boxes. With my gun safe in the truck I found it easier to lock up and head in.

Post imported post

Or just use common sense. Do not step outside of your car and re holster it in front of people. Do it in the privacy of your car. Not that this illegal but still, use common sense.

Also, having a gun on private property is not illegal unless you have been specifically cited for trespassing.

Guns are not allowed in secure areas of jails. While I can not for sure answer weather or not jails offer sufficient storage boxes is something you need to contact the jail authorities about. They "should" have secure boxes available but who knows? There was an issue with a jail down in some small town I cannot recollect.