• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Get a 25% rebate on gun accessories

VaGunTrader

imported post

I had to share this with you all.

I purchased a very nice Leupold Mark 4 scope for my new rifle. After asking for advise on SnipersHide forum it was brought to my attention that Microsoft is running a rebate deal with Ebay and perhaps other retailers.

I bought a $1200 scope and Microsoft is rebating me $200 !!!

This is how it works:

1. log onto your ebay account, and then LEAVE the Ebay site.

2. go to Microsofts LIVE website http://www.live.com

3. Live is a search engine like Google, soTYPE INwhat you want to buy and click SEARCH.

4. lets do and example.... type in LEUPOLD SCOPE .....the very first hit shows the EBAY link and it has the $LIVE SEARCH CASHBACK ----- see it at the top?

5. Click on that SCOPE LEUPOLDEBAY link.

6. It takes you to EBAY and you'll notice its only showing BUY IT NOW auctions. This ONLY works with BUY IT NOW!!!!!

7. Lets test it -- click on one of the $1179 scopes....or another.

8. Then click on the BUY IT NOW button ....don't worry, there are several more steps before you COMMITT to buying anything.

9. Youll see that this page shows the green Microsoft Cashback 25%. Now click on the CONTINUE button ...its OK, your not committingto buy yet.

10. On this page it will show your savings. There is a $200limit though !!

11. You MUST pay with PAYPAL !!

12. And register with live.com .... free.

13. How and Why is Microsoft doing this ???? I'm guessing they are promoting their LIVE search engine, and like this post, WORD OF MOUTH works....and of course they have the money to do this.

14. NOTE --- you can't go straight to EBAY. You must go THROUGH the Live website to get to Ebay for this to work.

15. Microsoft will rebate your money in 60 days, I guess they want to make sure you don't send your product back for a full refund and pocket the rebate. The refund is sent to your PayPal account.

--------I've used this 4times in the past couple of days..it works

bayboy42

imported post

trx680 wrote:
I had to share this with you all.

I purchased a very nice Leupold Mark 4 scope for my new rifle. After asking for advise on SnipersHide forum it was brought to my attention that Microsoft is running a rebate deal with Ebay and perhaps other retailers.

I bought a $1200 scope and Microsoft is rebating me $200 !!!

This is how it works:

1. log onto your ebay account, and then LEAVE the Ebay site.

2. go to Microsofts LIVE website http://www.live.com

3. Live is a search engine like Google, soTYPE INwhat you want to buy and click SEARCH.

4. lets do and example.... type in LEUPOLD SCOPE .....the very first hit shows the EBAY link and it has the $LIVE SEARCH CASHBACK ----- see it at the top?

5. Click on that SCOPE LEUPOLDEBAY link.

6. It takes you to EBAY and you'll notice its only showing BUY IT NOW auctions. This ONLY works with BUY IT NOW!!!!!

7. Lets test it -- click on one of the $1179 scopes....or another.

8. Then click on the BUY IT NOW button ....don't worry, there are several more steps before you COMMITT to buying anything.

9. Youll see that this page shows the green Microsoft Cashback 25%. Now click on the CONTINUE button ...its OK, your not committingto buy yet.

10. On this page it will show your savings. There is a $200limit though !!

11. You MUST pay with PAYPAL !!

12. And register with live.com .... free.

13. How and Why is Microsoft doing this ???? I'm guessing they are promoting their LIVE search engine, and like this post, WORD OF MOUTH works....and of course they have the money to do this.

14. NOTE --- you can't go straight to EBAY. You must go THROUGH the Live website to get to Ebay for this to work.

15. Microsoft will rebate your money in 60 days, I guess they want to make sure you don't send your product back for a full refund and pocket the rebate. The refund is sent to your PayPal account.

--------I've used this 4times in the past couple of days..it works
Awesome....but the only thing I've found is is that you don't have to go through Microsoft Live for the search to get the discount. I went straight to ebay and searched for the item I want and I'm still seeing the same thing.