Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Obamas new security force

  1. #1
    Regular Member DEROS72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SEATAC, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,819

    Post imported post

    This is a Newsmax article .I see this as something that we are headed for if we don.t stand as one..The SS was a national securityforce Statsicherheitsdienst which literally translates state security service,as was the KGB.



    Monday, November 10, 2008 6:44 PM


    Article Font Size




    WASHINGTON — A Republican congressman from Georgia said Monday he fears that President-elect Obama will establish a Gestapo-like security force to impose a Marxist or fascist dictatorship.



    "It may sound a bit crazy and off base, but the thing is, he's the one who proposed this national security force," Rep. Paul Broun said of Obama in an interview Monday with The Associated Press. "I'm just trying to bring attention to the fact that we may — may not, I hope not — but we may have a problem with that type of philosophy of radical socialism or Marxism."



    Broun cited a July speech by Obama that has circulated on the Internet in which the then-Democratic presidential candidate called for a civilian force to take some of the national security burden off the military.



    "That's exactly what Hitler did in Nazi Germany and it's exactly what the Soviet Union did," Broun said. "When he's proposing to have a national security force that's answering to him, that is as strong as the U.S. military, he's showing me signs of being Marxist."



    Obama's comments about a national security force came during a speech in Colorado about building a new civil service corps. Among other things, he called for expanding the nation's foreign service and doubling the size of the Peace Corps "to renew our diplomacy."



    "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set," Obama said in July. "We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."



    Broun said he also believes Obama likely will move to ban gun ownership if he does build a national police force.



    Obama has said he respects the Second Amendment right to bear arms and favors "common sense" gun laws. Gun rights advocates interpret that as meaning he'll at least enact curbs on ownership of assault weapons and concealed weapons. As an Illinois state lawmaker, Obama supported a ban on semiautomatic weapons and tighter restrictions on firearms generally.



    "We can't be lulled into complacency," Broun said. "You have to remember that Adolf Hitler was elected in a democratic Germany. I'm not comparing him to Adolf Hitler. What I'm saying is there is the potential."



    Obama's transition office did not respond immediately to Broun's remarks.




    © 2008 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Fallschirmjger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915

    Post imported post

    Poor people need jobs too, y'know. If don't have employable skillsets for the private market then they can be employed at the Federal level like they did for the Civil Conservation Corps. We can all get behind the idea that once they are federalized that they well become professionalized too, in their own right. It worked so well for the TSA as we all remember.







  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hutch/Wichita ~ Missing Littleton, Co :(, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    91

    Post imported post

    DEROS72 wrote:
    This is a Newsmax article .
    That is all I really needed to hear. Newsmax is notoriously biased. They make Drudge look left of center at times.

    I am no fan of Obama, but some people are seriously grasping forimaginary stringsthat make other anti-obamafolks look like loons.

  4. #4
    Regular Member rscottie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    613

    Post imported post

    ACEllis wrote:
    DEROS72 wrote:
    This is a Newsmax article .
    That is all I really needed to hear. Newsmax is notoriously biased. They make Drudge look left of center at times.

    I am no fan of Obama, but some people are seriously grasping forimaginary stringsthat make other anti-obamafolks look like loons.
    Actually, this was an AP Article that was reposted on Newsmax.

    You can view Obama giving the speech where he mentions this security force here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s

    One is not a loon when they question what his intentions are. If more had questioned Hitler in Germany, perhaps some of the things he did would never have occurred.

    You fault Drudge, interesting since he is ridiculed often, but he has not been successfully sued by the things he prints. You will not be successfully sued for reporting the truth.

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    Once again, the constant paranoia and references to Nazis make us look like idiots.

    I agree completely that Obama's forced public service is a terrible idea. But it has nothing to do with attempts to make an SS-like organization.

    Here is an article on a conservative blog which is far more reasonable than you, still highly critical of Obama's plan, and yet doesn't come across as a raving idiot:

    http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/...nal_secur.html

  6. #6
    Regular Member rscottie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    613

    Post imported post

    marshaul wrote:
    Once again, the constant paranoia and references to Nazis make us look like idiots.

    I agree completely that Obama's forced public service is a terrible idea. But it has nothing to do with attempts to make an SS-like organization.

    Here is an article on a conservative blog which is far more reasonable than you, still highly critical of Obama's plan, and yet doesn't come across as a raving idiot:

    http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/...nal_secur.html
    Are you saying that I am coming across as a "raving idiot" for merely stating that morre should question Obama's policies? Exactly what part of my reply is that of a raving idiot?

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    rscottie wrote:
    marshaul wrote:
    Once again, the constant paranoia and references to Nazis make us look like idiots.

    I agree completely that Obama's forced public service is a terrible idea. But it has nothing to do with attempts to make an SS-like organization.

    Here is an article on a conservative blog which is far more reasonable than you, still highly critical of Obama's plan, and yet doesn't come across as a raving idiot:

    http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/...nal_secur.html
    Are you saying that I am coming across as a "raving idiot" for merely stating that morre should question Obama's policies? Exactly what part of my reply is that of a raving idiot?
    No, you came across just fine. It's DEROS72 who comes across as the "raving idiot".

    Edit: Sorry, I should have used the quote function.

    Here:

    DEROS72 wrote:
    This is a Newsmax article .I see this as something that we are headed for if we don.t stand as one..The SS was a national security force Statsicherheitsdienst which literally translates state security service, as was the KGB.

  8. #8
    Regular Member rscottie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    613

    Post imported post

    marshaul wrote:
    rscottie wrote:
    marshaul wrote:
    Once again, the constant paranoia and references to Nazis make us look like idiots.

    I agree completely that Obama's forced public service is a terrible idea. But it has nothing to do with attempts to make an SS-like organization.

    Here is an article on a conservative blog which is far more reasonable than you, still highly critical of Obama's plan, and yet doesn't come across as a raving idiot:

    http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/...nal_secur.html
    Are you saying that I am coming across as a "raving idiot" for merely stating that morre should question Obama's policies? Exactly what part of my reply is that of a raving idiot?
    No, you came across just fine. It's DEROS72 who comes across as the "raving idiot".

    Edit: Sorry, I should have used the quote function.
    Ok, thanks, just wondering.

    I agree that the whole Nazi thing is overused. The minute someone that does not follow history hears a "Nazi" or "Hitler" reference, they will tend to dismiss the actual content of the discussion.

    I have read the reference to the American Thinker article and while it does explain Obama's perceived intentions, we can never forget the people to whomObama owes his political career to. Specifically, Ayers and his group, the Weather Underground are on record talking about exterminating up to 25 million unrepentent capitalists that refuse to capitulate into a Socialist/Communist Society.

    So, while we must strive to not look like loons, we must not forget history and the things that certain leaders have done in the past.

    There are certain facts out there, such as GCA '68 that was written almost line for line from theNazi Weapons Law of '38.Reference - http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/antigen1.htm

    We only have the words that come out of Obama's mouth as well as his history of cavorting with dangerous lefties, to guide us in the interpretation of his intentions. I would say that Obama has earned the extra scrutiny that he is getting.

    We can helpkeep Obama in check by pressuring our current legislators and remind them that THEIR elections are coming up and we will not tolerate our rights being taken away and they should be working on restoring the ones they have already trampled on. Many current congressmen have not forgotten how many lost their posts after the first AWB and its backlash. So, we must remind them again.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    Fair enough. The man certainly deserves close scrutiny. And I do fear his ultimate aims. I just think we should take care to reserve our harshest criticisms (Hitler/Nazi in this case) for when they're really due.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,508

    Post imported post

    rscottie wrote:
    I agree that the whole Nazi thing is overused. The minute someone that does not follow history hears a "Nazi" or "Hitler" reference, they will tend to dismiss the actual content of the discussion.
    That's why Godwin's Law states (my paraphrase): The longer the internet discussion goes on, the greater the probability someone will be called a Nazi.

    We need a corollary for "Facist", especially for those who don't understand the definition. (Not that many who sling the "Nazi" epithet understand it, either.)

    It's funny that those quickest to accuse someone else of being a Nazi or Facist tend to be socialists, and do not understand that both Nazis and Facists are also socialists.

    They do have a chance at redemption, though: once you can help them understand that a big authoritarian government (like Nazism or Facism) is the problem, and other government solutions present the same "barrel of a gun" problem, then the light might dawn for them. Government is not the solution, government is the problem.


  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , Illinois, USA
    Posts
    778

    Post imported post

    BHO has strong ties to gangs in Chicago. I would not be surprised to see them somehow get rewarded for their long time support.

    In case you don't know it, community organizer is generally someone who arranged for gang membersto extortcampaign contributionsfrom local businesses on behalf of the local politicians.

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , Illinois, USA
    Posts
    778

    Post imported post

    <deleted>

  13. #13
    Regular Member Anubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Arapahoe County CO, ,
    Posts
    451

    Post imported post

    DEROS72 wrote:
    The SS was a national securityforce Statsicherheitsdienst.
    No. Sicherheitdienst (Security Service) was abbreviated "SD" in conversation. SS was the acronym for Schutz-Staffel (Shield Squadron). The Nazis had lots of security apparati, other notables were the Gestapo (Geheime Staatspolizei or Secret State Police) and the sicherheitspolizei (security police).

    We don't need to worry about President Obama having an armed group of thugs anyway, because anyone who answers "yes" to question 59 of the notorious questionnaire will be disqualified for service with the administration. We know the president-elect will have nothing to do with evil firearms.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    612

    Post imported post

    Just off the top of my head I would say his "security force" would be exempt from the ban on any evil weapon. It is the citizenry that can't be trusted 'for their own protection'... A security force would be as powerfull, strong and well funded as a military? I don't think that would be in hand to hand combat.. they would need the tools of the trade.

    As far as the Nazi references go, I realize we throw that out on a regular basis, BUT when the boot fits? The similarities are too obvious not to see.

    I am not paranoid, I don't over-react, I don't cry wolf... I just call it as I see it.. and we need to keep a very close eye on things these days..

    James the Vigilant



  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    The problem with Nazi references is they unavoidably call to mind mass genocide. Now, does the boot really fit? Are gun owners really Obama's jews? The Nazis were explicit about their intent for the Jews (and please don't argue that they weren't explicit... the last time a member of this board did that I had to spend an hour documenting explicit anti-semitic Nazi propaganda).

  16. #16
    Regular Member Anubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Arapahoe County CO, ,
    Posts
    451

    Post imported post

    I would not argue about the Nazis' anti-Semitism being made public very early. Krystal Nacht (1938 Nov 9) wasexplicit.

    You asked "Does the boot fit?" Not yet. Of course step 1 by the Nazis was confiscation of firearms owned by Jews, step 2 was isolating them in ghettos, step 3...

    If any US president gets to step 1, the boot willmost definitely fit.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    As for Obama's internal security force, he already has one. It's called Homeland Securityand the Unitary Executive,and it was created by Republicans, who now ironically are whining about the monster they've created since they don't get to control it for at least the next four years. Cry me a river.

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    As for Obama's internal security force, he already has one. It's called Homeland Security*and the Unitary Executive,*and it was created by Republicans, who now ironically are whining about the monster they've created since they don't get to control it for at least the next four years. Cry me a river.
    Yeah, I've been waiting for someone other than myself to point this out.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    612

    Post imported post

    Well, maybe I am giving my imagination a little workout.. maybe not.. I am not putting any one person on the targetboard.. I am just a little more than a bit worried at the direction the government is headed.

    Lets call the 'Nazi' comparison on the back burner till it is truly earned..

    I just find it interesting that individuals in this country have made statements and shown ideals that parallel those of historical figures that didn't necessarily have the best interest in mind of the general populace.

    We are all here to voice our opinions and share points of view both negative and positive. I like to throw out what I see and get feedback from my fellow citizens.

    I appreciate this forum and look forward to all good debate.. J

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    I've always denounced any ideological comparison that might be construed, when I compare the campaign tactics of the Democrats with those of the NAZI Party of the 20's/30's. My point has always been that we should never trust those that seek power through devious, decietful, and intimidating means.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    2,247

    Post imported post

    Task Force 16 wrote:
    I've always denounced any ideological comparison that might be construed, when I compare the campaign tactics of the Democrats with those of the NAZI Party of the 20's/30's. My point has always been that we should never trust those that seek power through devious, decietful, and intimidating means.
    That eliminates about 90% of the world's population and 99% of anyone in power.

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    PT111 wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:
    I've always denounced any ideological comparison that might be construed, when I compare the campaign tactics of the Democrats with those of the NAZI Party of the 20's/30's. My point has always been that we should never trust those that seek power through devious, decietful, and intimidating means.
    That eliminates about 90% of the world's population and 99% of anyone in power.
    Yeah, your probably pretty close to right. Would be best if we all exercized individual power of self governence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •