Thread: Yet another vehicle carry question

Post imported post

I know that a gun stashed in a car trunk is (obviously) not immediately accessible and thus legal, but what about in the back of a hatchback? Would that be considered immediately accessible? Does anyone have any info on this? TIA.

Post imported post

me812 wrote:
    I know that a gun stashed in a car trunk is (obviously) not immediately accessible and thus legal, but what about in the back of a hatchback? Would that be considered immediately accessible? Does anyone have any info on this? TIA.
    A holstered gun anywhere in your vehicle is legal. Don't get too caught up on immediately accessible the key is to know what the law explicitly allows, and there are specific places where you can have a gun.

ARS 13-3102 F

F. Subsection A, paragraph 1 of this section shall not apply to a weapon or weapons carried in a belt holster that is wholly or partially visible, or carried in a scabbard or case designed for carrying weapons that is wholly or partially visible or carried in luggage. Subsection A, paragraph 2 of this section shall not apply to a weapon or weapons carried in a case, holster, scabbard, pack or luggage that is carried within a means of transportation or within a storage compartment, map pocket, trunk or glove compartment of a means of transportation.

Post imported post

A holstered gun anywhere in your vehicle is legal. Don't get too caught up on immediately accessible the key is to know what the law explicitly allows, and there are specific places where you can have a gun.

As has been noted on this forum before, the vehicle carry law has been totally rewritten by activist judges and no one knows what it really means anymore. Also, I don't have cases or scabbards for any of my rifles and that's what I'm primarily worried about. That's why I'm so hung up on "immediately accessible." The only thing anyone can be sure of anymore is that "not immediately accessible" = "no problems."

Post imported post

ah yes. a long gun is an entirely different animal. And I have to say I have no clue.