• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best Open (or CC for that matter) .45 semi-automatic

What caliber do you use as your primary 'Carry' ?

• Fifty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forty Four

• Forty

• .38/.380

• .357 Magnum

• Thirty Two

• Twenty Two

• 10mm

• 9mm

• Total voters

neddis

imported post

XD-45 4" with Crimson Trace laser grips. :) Can't use the CT grips with the XD that has the thumb safety. XDs have a tactical rail in front of the trigger guard.

shad0wfax

SHOOTER13

imported post

MY45COLLECTION.jpg

45acp...never leave home without it...( one ! )

Colt Gold Cup National Match

S&W Model 645

Para Ordnance P12-45

Auto Ordnance WWII Replica

Bersa Thunder 45

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I too like the Para-ord 12-45 most days. But I also carry EAA Witnes in both .45 and 9mm, When snakes might be the target I carry a 3" Lew Horton S&W 629 with a few rounds of snake shot mixed with a few hollow points. When out in bear and big cat country I like to bring along that 4" S&W .500 Magnum

x

x

< Over there in the Avatar

x

x

Regards

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I used to have a Colt Officers .45 that I would carry, but always felt it was a bit too big for my personal tastes.

I finally traded it in and acquired a Para Ordnance P10/45. I love carrying it. Just a bit smaller and more compact than the Officers, and the double stack gives me a good grip. In my hands it shoots better than my Officers ever did.

In the Hills I carry a Rossi 720 .44sp.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Les Baer TR special or S&W commander (scandium) w/Crimson Trace grrips, both have Cobra II mags now.

Yata hey

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

CrossFire wrote:
jpierce wrote:
I fixed it but I have never heard of a thirty five caliber. Is that correct?

marrandy wrote:
Oop's = somethings broken on the system.

The system has added a lot of extra numbers and I can't see how to edit that.

I'll contact the forum maintainer to see if it can be cleaned up.

When I took the course for my CHL the instructor asked everyone what caliber they brought, .32 is the smallest you can qualify with, and a lady said she had a .35. The instructor just laughed and said " sweety there is no such thing". It turned out to be a .25 and she had to rent a gun to continue the class. Do not know if she qualified or not but the instructor had a lot otrouble with her during range qualifing.

I carry an SA XD9SC myself.
There IS such a thing as a 35! Although, I don't know of a handgun in a 35....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.35_Whelen

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well Technically a .357 IS a .35 caliber or .36 depending on how you feel about rounding numbers. We think of it as a .38 because it is used interchangeably with .38. But the difference is that there is bullet diameter and then there is bore size. Calibers that came out of the black powder era (like .38) are referred to by bore size of the barrel, and modern calibers that came along in the smokeless era are referenced by bullet diameter. So you wind up with a .38 caliber pistol that shoots a .357 caliber bullet, even though bullets for .38 special and .357 magnum are the same diameter.

Then there is .38 super and 9mm ...

Regards