• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Veterans Day, Open carry !

Robin47

imported post

Hi All,

In Susanville, Ca. the national guard and color guard, go through a school zone

every year, as the school is within 100 yards of the Veterans building, right across

the street. So I'm guessing its legal on that one day a year.

However I don't want to be the test case either.

But I do see some Irony in this situation. What are your thoughts ?

At anyrate I'm going to be passing out flyers on OCing, to my fellow Veterans !

See ya later ! Robin47

Robin47

imported post

My mistake, The school a highschool is only 100 feet across the road from the Veterans building.

I think there might be a special permit for the parade, and that it MIGHT be legal to opencarry fire arms unloaded (UOC).

Anyway going to pass out some pamphlet on OCing. Robin47

Robin47

imported post

Ca_ Libertairian said :

"I don't recall reading an exemption for parades..."

Yeah I didn't see that either, just got back from It and the parade turned right into the parking lot of the high school, and even the Forest Service color gaurds were armed with rifles. And the National Guard with there moble armored vehicle, with a 50 cal gun on it.

I don't know if the rifles were props or real as I should have gotten closer to see however Im sure the 50 cal on the vehicle was real. Maybe they are exempt !

I did take some pictures of the parade, but not sure how to download it on to the computer, or the stuff to do it with yet.

Passed out some flyers and some were real Interested in OCing. Thats the good news.

Robin47

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

What? The Government won't enforce the law? What a shock and a travesty! I bet if you were UPC you would have gotten trouble. . . Try it next time. I will be there in your case yelling at the DA.

cato

imported post

Pistols or Rifles carried in parades get a pass in school zones. It's just the way it is; actual common sense (and ignorance of the law by cops)prevailing. Nobody sees a color guard or reenactment group and thinks 626.9. In my towns X-mas parade there is a "Mexican"style westernhorse riding group with real 6-shooters and they pass through three school zones. There is NO way I'm gona hookem up and and ask my sgt to approve the report on parade day. :p

and Forest Service and NG (I'd Say) fall under L

(l) This section does not apply to a duly appointed peace officer
as defined in Chapter 4.5 (commencing with Section 830) of Title 3 of
Part 2, a full-time paid peace officer of another state or the
federal government
who is carrying out official duties while in
California, any person summoned by any of these officers to assist in
making arrests or preserving the peace while he or she is actually
engaged in assisting the officer, a member of the military forces of
this state or of the United States who is engaged in the performance
of his or her duties,
a person holding a valid license to carry the
firearm pursuant to Article 3 (commencing with Section 12050) of
Chapter 1 of Title 2 of Part 4, or an armored vehicle guard, engaged
in the performance of his or her duties, as defined in subdivision
(e) of Section 7521 of the Business and Professions Code.

or maybe they hold valid 12050 LTCs :lol:and OC rifles

Robin47

imported post

Yeah Theseus,

I can't even OC from my house, I'm in a school zone, and surrounded by another !:cuss:

I always wanted to move out of this cold weather anyway ! SOON I hope :celebrate

See Ya ! Robin47