• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who deletes topics around here?

tricityguy

imported post

Sorry, but I was enjoying the change.gov discussion and this morning I find it's been deleted without explanation. What gives? Who are the moderators here? At the very least, could you post some sort of explanation when you delete topics? Better yet, could you not delete topics? In most forums, when topics get out of hand they are locked and an explanation posted as to why... They don't just disappear into thin air.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

tricityguy wrote:
Sorry, but I was enjoying the change.gov discussion and this morning I find it's been deleted without explanation. What gives? Who are the moderators here? At the very least, could you post some sort of explanation when you delete topics? Better yet, could you not delete topics? In most forums, when topics get out of hand they are locked and an explanation posted as to why... They don't just disappear into thin air.
Threads way off topic are routinely deleted and there is no way we are going to notify each person.