• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Friendly Lawyer

amlevin

imported post

Please share your views on this topic with all your fellow Prosecutors. Hopefully they too will refuse to prosecute for merely Open Carrying.

Best wishes and Good Luck in your new endeavour.

olypendrew

imported post

OK, so I did the Deputy Prosecuting Attorney thing for the last seven months or so, and now I'm back to private practice, with a far better understanding of the system in this state.

I'm in the process of setting up a homeoffice, and I am accepting clients.The website needs updating, but I'm here all the time if anyone wants to PM me.

Manu

imported post

olypendrew wrote:
OK, so I did the Deputy Prosecuting Attorney thing for the last seven months or so, and now I'm back to private practice, with a far better understanding of the system in this state.

I'm in the process of setting up a homeoffice, and I am accepting clients.The website needs updating, but I'm here all the time if anyone wants to PM me.
Thank god you got to your senses...:pKidding. I am glad you are back to private practice, I am sure it is going to be a good move for you ...... Good-luck

aktion

imported post

Glad to hear you are back in private practice, I'll keep an eye the website for updates. All the best to your practice, and let's hope I don't need your services. ;)

Kildars

imported post

Bookmarked. Welcome.

I would like you to comment on this thread:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/29685-1.html

I believe it was illegal detainment based on what the OP posted. If there is a justification for removing a firearm for officer safety I believe that this would have to occur AFTER reasonable suspicion was found that the person you're detaining was committing a crime. Carrying a weapon either opened or concealed is not enough.

noname762

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Welcome aboard.  Good to know that one can call on you should the need arise.

BTW, I returned to WA recently after living 10 years in Parker, CO.  How come your side of the mountains got all the water?

Welcome aboard. It's good to see we have a 'Legal Eagle' in our corner so to speak.

And why does our side of the mountains get all the rain? Simply put we are on the wrong side of the mountains.

antispam540

imported post

It's going to be awesome to have a pro-gun lawyer around. Back in Georgia, we had a couple of great guys who really championed the cause - if a city had an ordinance that was illegal under pre-emption, they'd do something about it legally. If someone was harassed by the police, they sued.

In the past couple of years that they've been active, Georgia has had at least one major pro-gun bill make it through the legislature and a TON of cities have repealed their illegal firearms restrictions. There's been a bunch of positive media coverage, and organized pro-gun protests all over the state.

The guys in Georgia usually didn't charge people who were the victims, especially when it was a case for USC 18 violations (deprivation of civil liberties under the color of law), as they could recoup their costs from the police departments. It'd be great if we had an affordable resource like that in this state - I think it would make police departments seriously take a step back and think about their policies if they started getting slapped each time they harass someone. 30 open lawsuits at a time tends to start to get noticed, and things will be changed because of it.