• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KSL News Story

Mr. Magnum

imported post

The first news story I seen had an officer claiming that he had flashing red lights like an emergency vehicle, which would be illegal.

This morning fox13 interviewed the young man & showed the flashing Yellow lights in his back window. And it seems the guy drives around helping broke-down motorists like those UDOT trucks do.

He does it on his own dime & I can think of much worse ways to spend your spare time. And as for the rifle, I carry a loaded (Utah unloaded)rifle or shotgun in my truck too, plus my sidearm. Nothing wrong with being prepared.

I've pulled over to offer help on a few occasions, especially when they are in the middle of nowhere. And having a loaded weapon nearby is a comforting thought because you don't know who your dealing with or what the situation is at first.

Also my guess is that his rifle was "Utah unloaded" because the reporter said that the impersonating an officer charge was still being pursued, but didn't mention anything else. But who knows for sure?:?

ainokea

imported post

Mr. Magnum wrote:
The first news story I seen had an officer claiming that he had flashing red lights like an emergency vehicle, which would be illegal.

This morning fox13 interviewed the young man & showed the flashing Yellow lights in his back window. And it seems the guy drives around helping broke-down motorists like those UDOT trucks do.

He does it on his own dime & I can think of much worse ways to spend your spare time. And as for the rifle, I carry a loaded (Utah unloaded)rifle or shotgun in my truck too, plus my sidearm. Nothing wrong with being prepared.

I've pulled over to offer help on a few occasions, especially when they are in the middle of nowhere. And having a loaded weapon nearby is a comforting thought because you don't know who your dealing with or what the situation is at first.

Also my guess is that his rifle was "Utah unloaded" because the reporter said that the impersonating an officer charge was still being pursued, but didn't mention anything else. But who knows for sure?:?
There is a 2 part unedited interview with him on the fox13 website. The person who got arrested admits he had a RED light in the front of his truck and yellow light in the rear window. The cops took the red light and left the yellow ones in the truck because they are legal. He alsosaid he had an AK47 that was Utah Unloaded with him and that LE gave it back to him when he was released from jail. It is a long interview but I think it gives this guy a lot of credit.

Part 1

http://www.myfoxutah.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=BDE3D40E6AC7B7CC18C7B076DD3C3A2D?contentId=7852585&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Part 2

http://www.myfoxutah.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=6A221C6FFDE81513E5DFCA40FA9EDE30?contentId=7852965&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1