• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Standing up for our Gun Rights

tdyoung58

imported post

So I guess we all have figured out that Obama as President is gonna try to grab guns, ban guns, raise taxes on guns and ammo and basically do everything he can to get rid of guns in this country.

According to the NRA there are almost 50 million gun owners in this country. Yet less than 4 million are members of the NRA, Even less for the Second Amendment Foundation. I am a member of both. I don't think either one is perfect.... But you know what, they are the ones who are in Washington, DC, defending our right to 'keep and bear arms" for us. If your not a member I urge you to join. I now the NRA has a 'election year' special where membership is discounted to $25,

I think it's time both the NRA and the Second Amendment Foundation have at least a 10 million membership support. Please join one if not both, the more members that they have the easier it will be for them to get our elected officials to listen to them.

How far will you go to defend your gun rights? How much is your ability to defend the lives of your self and family worth?

We can't afford to bury our heads in the sand and think they'll never be able to take our guns

www.nra.org www.saf.org

rmodel65

imported post

i would join but i have no money, due to a motorcycle accident and havent worked in 355 days:(

Michigander

imported post

The NRA has been negotiating our rights away for decades. Participating in open carry, and showing up at, or organizing OC events through this site does far more to educate the public than the NRA does.

I like the GOA, but let's be realistic, the NRA is not as good as it once was.

tdyoung58

imported post

Michigander wrote:
The NRA has been negotiating our rights away for decades. Participating in open carry, and showing up at, or organizing OC events through this site does far more to educate the public than the NRA does.

I like the GOA, but let's be realistic, the NRA is not as good as it once was.

I agree . . . . that's why I am a member of other organizations as well.

The Second Amendemnt Foundation www.saf.org is another one that lobbies before congress.

Participating in OC events is a good thing for local news and interests, but polititians being worried about being re-elected is what keeps our rights alive

Gordie

imported post

State and local elections are very important as well. Many gun laws are passed on the state or local level, look at the difference between Nevada and California, or Chicago and Houston. Get involved with not only the large national organizations but your local clubs also. Many people would be amazed at just how much a local organization can make a difference at the state and local level, and it is a good way to meet more people who feel the same way that you do about their rights.