• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

89 yr old woman foils gunman by stealing his ammo clip...

jhow1nm2

imported post

Simple, smart and with the right timing, just as effective...

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/17941337/detail.html

Woman, 89, Foils Shooting By Grabbing Ammo
Neighbor Storms Into Home With Handgun, Rifle[/i]
PALM BAY, Fla. -- Police in Palm Bay, Fla., said a fast-acting 89-year-old woman helped foil a neighbor who had stormed into her son's home armed with a pair of guns.

Police said the man barged into the home packing a handgun and a rifle and claiming he was being chased by his enemies Thursday.

Investigators said he was aiming out a window and was preparing to load one of the weapons when Catarina Tosca snatched away his ammo clip and bolted out of the house.

Police were able to talk the man out of the home and no one was hurt in the incident.

Neighbors told WZVN-TV the man had been out of work for eight months. He has been taken to a mental health facility.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed[/i]

bcbrown2

imported post

I get the image of a little old lady running through the house waving his magazine around like the winning Powerball ticket while he tries to figure out why he can't chamber a round...

Is it me or is this something out of a Sopranos dream sequence?

ScottyT

imported post

Bravo! Great example of just a basic familiarity with firearms being used to deter a crime. Could have gone very badly if the woman had an irrational fear of inanimate objects and so was unfamiliar with firearms.

MetalChris

imported post

I for one am appalled that this woman took matters into her own hands. I mean someone could have been hurt for Christ's sake! She should've let the cops do their job.

:uhoh:

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Man must have been a california native, and thought you had to carry
unloaded. +1 for gun laws :what:

I just picture 'granny clampet' beating him with a broom.

jarodm20

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

MetalChris wrote:
I for one am appalled that this woman took matters into her own hands. I mean someone could have been hurt for Christ's sake! She should've let the cops do their job.

:uhoh:

a) She did the right thing. If she hadn't taken his ammo, cops, bystanders, and the psycho man might have been killed.

b) You shouldn't be so dependent on the cops. They're not even required by law to protect us.

c) Don't be such a wuss.

PT111

imported post

CrossFire wrote:
Walleye wrote:
Sarcasm = fail.

;)
Surprizing how often that happens and MetalChris even used the emoticons.
Humor and sarcasm are both severly lacking on this board. Too many seem to be in full attack mode looking for something to disagree with even if it is just one word taken out of context. :banghead:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I almost don't belive the story is true... Why wasn't the mag already IN the gun? Clearly there was opportunity to do so prior to entering this domicile? Something doesn't add up here. Even crazy people know an unloaded gun is useless. I'm just not buying it.

That's like misplacing your clock tower....

jarodm20

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

PT111 wrote:
CrossFire wrote:
Walleye wrote:
Sarcasm = fail.

;)
Surprizing how often that happens and MetalChris even used the emoticons.
Humor and sarcasm are both severly lacking on this board. Too many seem to be in full attack mode looking for something to disagree with even if it is just one word taken out of context. :banghead:

Man, you guys are dead on. I'm sorry MetalChris, I feel like a total deusch.

I guess I'm often in that "full attack mode." When talking to ppl in the real world, I almost always get negative responses about open carry. I must have forgotten I was on the home field here.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
ConditionThree wrote:
What's an 'ammo clip'? I'm not familiar with that term.;)

Maybe he was loading his Garand. Or Steyr-Mannlicher.

comparison.jpg

ammo clip...