• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Grand Juries

Legba

imported post

My case was "no billed" and then re-presented under a different charge specification, so lightning does strike twice if a prosecutor is obstinate (or incompetent in filing the wrong complaint in the first place). A lot of these people are looking to make names for themselves, or to make the boss look good for the election, or they have a personal animus against defendants, etc, so the administration of justice (whatever that really is) can be a crapshoot.

-ljp