Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Church attacked by protesters

Post imported post

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...WS01/811120369

As a libertarian I support homosexuality and civil unions100%, but as a Christian I believe marriage is a religious institution and I believe that gay marriage is a means to undermine faith and family values.

Limbaugh raised the question about "liberal rage". He said it just doesn't go away now that Obama has been elected. I believe that gay marriage and attacks on churches is the new "liberal rage".

This is enough probable cause for me to carry in church here in Virginia. We need good and probable cause to carry in a church in Virginia. God help us. Christians are being labeled bigots and are subject to intimidation for following our beliefs.

So much for the 1st amendment. Thank God for the 2nd one!
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Banned

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    Christians are being labeled bigots and are subject to intimidation for following our beliefs.

Islamics get labeled terrorists and are subject to loss of all rights, invasion by foreign countries, discrimination, etc etc etc...for following their beliefs. Just because your religion tells you to believe something does not mean it will be socially accepted. You're free to choose to believe whatever you want, and also to suffer the repercussions.

Post imported post

I think it shows just how irrational and idiotic these people are by calling this event a "fierce success". All they did was expand the gap between themselves and conservative christians. How many people at that church now think better of homosexuals? My guess is that every one of the churchgoers thinks much less of them.

Post imported post

I have dealt with some of these "radical gays" when I worked for a newspaper. After interviewing a dozen and chatting with dozens more, it is readily apparent that their idea of "tolerance" is in fact "My Way or the Highway."

They want to be accepted for who they are, when they are unwilling to accept others in the same way.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    T Dubya wrote:
    Christians are being labeled bigots and are subject to intimidation for following our beliefs.

Islamics get labeled terrorists and are subject to loss of all rights, invasion by foreign countries, discrimination, etc etc etc...for following their beliefs. Just because your religion tells you to believe something does not mean it will be socially accepted. You're free to choose to believe whatever you want, and also to suffer the repercussions.
    Go crawl back under the rock you came from.

HankT

Post imported post

Paladin_Havegun_Willtravel wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    T Dubya wrote:

HankT
    Him or me? How did you know that I crawled from a rock? Are you watching me?
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."

Post imported post

Pulling the fire alarm is a step too far. And unless I'm mistaken, churches are private property? Ask them to leave. If they refuse to leave, make them leave. The behaviour inside the church is not only disrespectful and counterproductive, it's bordering on intimidation.

That being said, the sidewalk outside is fair game. Let them protest. They have just as much right as anyone else. And at least as far as the article indicated, their behaviour outside was...better.

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    T Dubya wrote:

HankT
    Him or me? How did you know that I crawled from a rock? Are you watching me?

Not you.....I was referring to his comment to you. I am on your side.

Post imported post

canadian wrote:
    Pulling the fire alarm is a step too far.......

The whole thing went way to far.

The entire bunch should face charges for Criminal Mischief, Trespassing and what ever else the authorities could dream up.

I would never dream of going to a homosexual meeting, on private property and causing this type of disruption. If I did, I would deserve to be arrested, and I would not even be desecrating a holy place, as they were.

Post imported post

canadian wrote:
    That being said, the sidewalk outside is fair game. Let them protest. They have just as much right as anyone else. And at least as far as the article indicated, their behaviour outside was...better.
    An upside down pink cross and harassing parishioners is hardly good behaviour. This kind of harassment is just abridge for violence. They will get violent. It's not if, but when.

The police made no arrests. That fact is just going to fan the flames of agitation. The "fierce success" is just going to get fiercer.

Post imported post

Not you.....I was referring to his comment to you. I am on your side.

10-4 good buddy. I love the candor of Texan.

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    ...I believe that gay marriage is a means to undermine faith and family values...
    I have yet to see a good reason for this statement. How can someone else undermine your faith and family values?

Post imported post

FogRider wrote:
    .......... How can someone else undermine your faith and family values?
    The Homosexual community is not just about doing their own thing. They want you not only to accept their actions, but they want you to embrace their actions and adopt them as normal.

They want to teach my 5 year old that it is OK and NORMAL to have two mommies or two daddies, and for me to not be able to do a darn thing about it.

They cannot pro-create and so they want to indoctrinate as their means of perpetuating their species. They have to be predatory or their kind will die.

This is only accomplished by undermining the faith and family values that the rest of us hold dear.

Banned

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    An upside down pink cross and harrassing parisheners is hardly good behaviour.

wat

[img]http://riverdaughter.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/god-hates-****.jpg[/img]

Before you open your mouth to criticize the other side, you should closely examine your own side.

Banned

Post imported post

They cannot pro-create

So where did the first one come from?

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    canadian wrote:
    An upside down pink cross and harrassing parisheners is hardly good behaviour. This kind of harrasment is just a segway for violence. They will get violent. It's not if, but when.
    The article says nothing about harassing people outside the church. It just says "picketing". It goes on to say that they left peacefully when the pastor told them they were not welcome on church property.

And as for the upside-down pink cross, so what? I personally find it asenine and I can see why some people might find it insulting, but beyond that, what's the big deal?

Again, this is reserved exclusively for the people protesting outside the church. I agree that the people protesting inside the church were completely out of line. But at least as far as the article has indicated, the people outside the church have done nothing wrong.

Post imported post

I have no problem with what they do on public property, though I still doubt the effectiveness on the means they chose, just as I doubt the effectiveness of the christian extremists pictured above.

Going into the church was definitely crossing the line. I would think it would be a crime to pull the fire alarm when there is no fire...

Post imported post

I should have known better than to start a thread like this. I will send a pm to John and apoligize.

I think it has gotten out of hand.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    Before you open your mouth to criticize the other side, you should closely examine your own side.
    You are troll. You know that's not my side.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    They cannot pro-create

So where did the first one come from?

HankT.....We all have strengths and weaknesses, we all have the right to chose. Some of us have a hard time telling the truth, some of us like to take what is not ours, some of us find it hard not to lust after those we are not married to (as in Jimmy Carter), and some are attracted to the same sex.

Each of us has the ability to act upon our weaknesses or to not act upon them. Each of us is responsible for what we chose to do.

Two people of the same sax cannot pro-create ( You should have learned that in kindergarten) so they have to adopt, work out an immoral compromise, or entice a child into their world.

PS I personally take exception to the statement that Our Father in Heaven hates anyone. He love us all. He may not like the bad actions that you or I may do, but he loves us.....ALL of us.

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    You are troll. You know that's not my side.
    You are correct. HankT is a Troll of the first magnitude.

Post imported post

It all goes down hill when people start fighting fire with fire.

Bash Back? It's not a good thing that they are lowering themselves to the level of people that have protested against them in this way. This is a bad way to go about it and it sets a bad precident. I do not think however this in and of itself is a reason to carry in church. I don't think carrying in church is a bad thing. But, some shouting and some thrown papers and a fire alarm doesn't warrant it.

Post imported post

It's not about what they've done, it's about what they might do. If they're willing to pull fire alarms and throw paper, what next? Do they attempt to take someone hostage by threat of violence in church?

We carry because nothing in life is certain. You can never be sure if you'll walk out your door one day and some punk pulls a knife on you and says he's going to gut you like a fish. It is irresponsible to assume that you are instantly safe the moment you step into a church.

Post imported post

I don't care if gays get married and would never have voted for Prop 8.

That having been said, exactly what benefit from disrupting church services do they think they're going to derive?

They're every bit as stupid and offensive as the Westborough Baptist Church retards and will be every bit as despised by the public at large. They have lived down to pretty much every negative stereotype of homosexuals disseminated by the religious right.

I'm neither gay nor religious. If you don't like what a religion preaches, don't belong to it. Worked for me. I gave Catholicism up for Lent in the early '70s and life is good.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

Ok, I just couldn't resist.

As a libertarian I support homosexuality and civil unions100%, but as a Christian I believe marriage is a religious institution and I believe that gay marriage is a means to undermine faith and family values.

To quote Lewis Black "How" and better yet "why?" Are there the gay banditos that run around at night and destroy American family's? Are you suggesting that a man is going to leave his bride at the alter because he saw 2 guys holding hands?

Limbaugh raised the question about "liberal rage".

You need to get out a bit more...

I believe that gay marriage and attacks on churches is the new "liberal rage".
    You really, really need to get out more. Do you think maybe that this undefined liberal rage might be because gays feel just a wee bit persecuted because they live life like everyone else? Just maybe?

Oh stop being a victim. The gay banditos aren't out to get you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast