• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Church attacked by protesters

Jizzzle

imported post

It all goes down hill when people start fighting fire with fire.

Bash Back? It's not a good thing that they are lowering themselves to the level of people that have protested against them in this way. This is a bad way to go about it and it sets a bad precident. I do not think however this in and of itself is a reason to carry in church. I don't think carrying in church is a bad thing. But, some shouting and some thrown papers and a fire alarm doesn't warrant it.

Walleye

imported post

It's not about what they've done, it's about what they might do. If they're willing to pull fire alarms and throw paper, what next? Do they attempt to take someone hostage by threat of violence in church?

We carry because nothing in life is certain. You can never be sure if you'll walk out your door one day and some punk pulls a knife on you and says he's going to gut you like a fish. It is irresponsible to assume that you are instantly safe the moment you step into a church.

Deanimator

imported post

I don't care if gays get married and would never have voted for Prop 8.

That having been said, exactly what benefit from disrupting church services do they think they're going to derive?

They're every bit as stupid and offensive as the Westborough Baptist Church retards and will be every bit as despised by the public at large. They have lived down to pretty much every negative stereotype of homosexuals disseminated by the religious right.

I'm neither gay nor religious. If you don't like what a religion preaches, don't belong to it. Worked for me. I gave Catholicism up for Lent in the early '70s and life is good.

codename_47

imported post

Ok, I just couldn't resist.

As a libertarian I support homosexuality and civil unions100%, but as a Christian I believe marriage is a religious institution and I believe that gay marriage is a means to undermine faith and family values.

To quote Lewis Black "How" and better yet "why?" Are there the gay banditos that run around at night and destroy American family's? Are you suggesting that a man is going to leave his bride at the alter because he saw 2 guys holding hands?

Limbaugh raised the question about "liberal rage".

You need to get out a bit more...

I believe that gay marriage and attacks on churches is the new "liberal rage".
You really, really need to get out more. Do you think maybe that this undefined liberal rage might be because gays feel just a wee bit persecuted because they live life like everyone else? Just maybe?

Christians are being labeled bigots and are subject to intimidation for following our beliefs.
Oh stop being a victim. The gay banditos aren't out to get you.

imported post

Jizzle wrote:
It all goes down hill when people start fighting fire with fire.

Bash Back? It's not a good thing that they are lowering themselves to the level of people that have protested against them in this way. This is a bad way to go about it and it sets a bad precident. I do not think however this in and of itself is a reason to carry in church. I don't think carrying in church is a bad thing. But, some shouting and some thrown papers and a fire alarm doesn't warrant it.

I agree.

What these people did, warranted legal action yes, but they were non violent and as people deserve respect and do not deserve being used as a reason to carry at church

I would NOT shoot some one who came to my church and threw around some papers and pulled the fire alam....The teenagers do that often enough and no one has shot any of them......yet

Jizzzle

imported post

Walleye wrote:
It's not about what they've done, it's about what they might do. If they're willing to pull fire alarms and throw paper, what next? Do they attempt to take someone hostage by threat of violence in church?

We carry because nothing in life is certain. You can never be sure if you'll walk out your door one day and some punk pulls a knife on you and says he's going to gut you like a fish. It is irresponsible to assume that you are instantly safe the moment you step into a church.
I understand that. I carry in church (and everywhere else)for that reason. I excercise my 2nd amd rights at all times. But, he was justifying his OCing in a church because of gay people disrupted a church service. It seemed to be a weak reason to OC in church, like he was trying to justify why he OC'd in church because gay peope did this to this other church so i might get fliers thrown at me, so i better have a gun. I'm not gay, I'm married to an immigrant, i'm in the military and I'm semi religious. My wife has gay friends. Remember there are 2 sides to each and every story, sometimes three. The "bash back" group didn't handle themselves with any kind of class and what they did wasn't appropriate, however you'll always have the extreme nutjobs that will attract others of the same in any group (we have our own in the OC world too. And not all muslims are crazy). Religious crazies have done some pretty rediculous stuff directed at homosexuals over the years also. It's not a one sided thing. So to a certain extent i can see where the gays where comeing from. But, still it was inappropriate. Like i said in my last post. Fighting fire with fire is never a good thing. It just goes down hill from there.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

codename_47 wrote:
Ok, I just couldn't resist.

As a libertarian I support homosexuality and civil unions100%, but as a Christian I believe marriage is a religious institution and I believe that gay marriage is a means to undermine faith and family values.

To quote Lewis Black "How" and better yet "why?" Are there the gay banditos that run around at night and destroy American family's? Are you suggesting that a man is going to leave his bride at the alter because he saw 2 guys holding hands?

Limbaugh raised the question about "liberal rage".

You need to get out a bit more...

I believe that gay marriage and attacks on churches is the new "liberal rage".
You really, really need to get out more. Do you think maybe that this undefined liberal rage might be because gays feel just a wee bit persecuted because they live life like everyone else? Just maybe?

Christians are being labeled bigots and are subject to intimidation for following our beliefs.
Oh stop being a victim. The gay banditos aren't out to get you.

You make absolutely no point. You failed at showing me where I am wrong, but I will show you where you are wrong.

http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/dishonorRoll.html

canadian

imported post

Paladin_Havegun_Willtravel wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
........The gay banditos aren't out to get you.

No...they are out to get our children

Like it or not...it is the truth.
Which you can of course back up with documented evidence, right?

canadian

imported post

Family Research Council? Are you serious? I don't even know where to begin to ridicule your "evidence".

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FogRider wrote:
.......... How can someone else undermine your faith and family values?

The Homosexual community is not just about doing their own thing.   They want you not only to accept their actions, but they want you to embrace their actions and adopt them as normal.

They want to teach my 5 year old that it is OK and NORMAL to have two mommies or two daddies, and for me to not be able to do a darn thing about it.

They cannot pro-create and so they want to indoctrinate as their means of perpetuating their species.   They have to be predatory or their kind will die.

This is only accomplished by undermining the faith and family values that the rest of us hold dear.
Now you're transferring your own guilt. Christianity is concerned with spreading itself through procreation, last I checked most gays realize you're born that way and thus it's impossible to "spread" homosexuality, via any means. The best you can do is petition for equal rights.

With that said this particular group did go a bit far, going inside the church and all.

canadian

imported post

There is none so blind as he who will not see. :)

Oh I see quite clearly. I see you,for some odd reason terrified of the gay boogie man. You seem to think there's this viscious cabal of sodomites lurking in the shadows, waiting to give children "the gay" the second their parents look away. It's absurd. And what do you produce as "evidence" to support your claim? A propaganda video from an organization that is just as paranoid as you are.

I know a few gay people. (I know, big shock to hear that from a Canadian, right?) I even know a few with children. And do you know what they almost universally tell me they want?

To be left alone.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

codename_47 wrote:
........ The gay banditos aren't out to get you.

No...they are out to get our children

Like it or not...it is the truth.
Dude... for the last time... you are BORN gay... or not. Nobody is coming for your children, because there would be no point. Gayness CANNOT be learned. End of story.

If you don't believe me, why don't you do something un-bigoted for once, and instead of going to so-called "family research" sites actually ASK someone like, say Lonnie Wilson, "Hey, who taught you to be gay?"

This article discusses some of the lies that were told to defend prop 8: http://freestudents.blogspot.com/2008/10/hypocrites-gay-marriage-and-polygamy.html

Jizzzle

imported post

what about in islamic countries where men are for pleasure and women are for procreation? are they all born "bi"? or are they products of thier environments?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jizzle wrote:
what about in islamic countries where men are for pleasure and women are for procreation? are they all born "bi"? or are they products of thier environments?
What in God's name are you talking about? Are we talking about Islam (where everyone is a slave to Allah) or America?