Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Controversial (gun control) Sign

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/stor...2-c1ccfdb810b8

CBS 21 News gets answers after a concerned viewer emails us about a controversial sign. The sign sits in a front yard in Littlestown, Adams County aimed at gun control and Mulsims. Our CBS 21 News crew went to Littlestown and tracked down the homeowner, Kenneth Frock.
    "It's our right according to the constitution to have and bear arms and anyboyd who tries to take that away from me i'll fight to the death," says Frock. Frock believes greater gun control will be enforced by the new Obama administration. And believesMuslims out to do harm need to be stopped. But according to Shannon Powers with the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, although we do have the right to free speech, a sign such as this one could spell out something more. "This kind of sign can create tension within a neighborhood particularly for someone of Muslim or Arab decent," says Powers.Powers calls this a bias incedent and says if the HR Commission receives a formal complaint, it will be investigated.

Post imported post

If he had a portrait of the Virgin Mary painted in dung he would be celebrated and hailed a hero.

"These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

I know I'll probably catch some flak for climbing out of my monkeysphere, but I'm forced to wonder: What would this guy do if he saw a sign on someone's lawn that said "All Christians burn in hell".

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Well, I'm a bit in that situation. My left-liberal neighbors have pissed me off enough, with their Obaminable yard crap, car crap and crap buttons, that I wear my holster - unfortunately MT in town but it's the closest that I can come to offending them as deeply as I am offended by BOG BROTHER and his suck ups.

Post imported post

Post imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
    Personal opinion: He was rather stupid to advertise that a) he is armed and b) is more than willing to use that weapon to defend himself. It is even dumber, in my opinion, to single out a religious or ethnic group in such a sign. All of that is just setting yourself up for negative consequences.

edited to add: I do not consider OC to be advertising. Posting a sign on one's property is, however.

Agree 100%

S/F

Post imported post

I liked his sign until I saw the Muslim part, and then I realized that he's an ignorant fool (and no, I'm not a Muslim).

Post imported post

David.Car wrote:
    I prefer to assert my second amendment right, for my own part.

As for the OP, that is just grossly inflammatory. He has the right to believe or say or post such stuff, but I think it shows poor judgment. You can shout "fire" in a crowded theater - but it had better actually be on fire when you do so...

-ljp

Post imported post

He spelled 'Muslim' wrong.....

I respect the fact that the guy has a right to protect himself, and to voice his opinion...but when you throw a sign up in your front yard condemning another race to burn in hell, you ought to spell check it first...in any case, he gives the anti-gun crowd all the 'ammo' they need...he makes law-abiding gun owners look bad.

Post imported post

I like the top of the sign. But he should really remove the inflammatory racism.

Post imported post

Islam is a religion, not a race, lol

Post imported post

CaptainFinn wrote:

I respect the fact that the guy has a right to protect himself, and to voice his opinion...but when you throw a sign up in your front yard condemning another race to burn in hell, you ought to spell check it first...in any case, he gives the anti-gun crowd all the 'ammo' they need...he makes law-abiding gun owners look bad.
    +100

I don't approve of Islam (or any religion), but singling out "muslems" (sic) just looks ignorant and gives ammunition to your opponents.

Post imported post

There's another aspect to these kind of advertisements, including the common signs that say "Forget the dog; Beware of owner" or "insured by Smith and Wesson" and the like. If you ever have to use a gun for legitimate self defense, you can bet the other side will get a picture of your sign, and use it to paint you as either "trigger happy" or flippant about the grave issue of taking someone's life. These things can hang a fella in court. I believe it was Mas Ayoob who pointed this out in one of his articles.

Post imported post

While I may dislike his wording, it can't be denied the guy has balls.

We need more people with balls.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

French fried, flash frozen or cut off, they are worthless for their designed purpose.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

"This kind of sign can create tension within a neighborhood particularly for someone of Muslim or Arab decent,"

Did I miss the part of the COTUS that says people have a right to not be subjected to tension?

What's next, making people take down their XMAS lights or Menorahs?

Where does it say you have a right to not be offended?

Where does it say you have a right to 'feel' safe?

It looks as if almost as many people are out to void the First as well as the 2nd.

"Never pick a fight with an old spy. If he doesn't feel like fighting he'll just kill you."

T.S. Eggleston, DmAt, MSI - aka The Eggman
    www.TheEggman.com
    www.TheEgglestonGroup.com

"If You Can't Be Free, At Leat Be Irritating"

Banned

Post imported post

He's just one more idiot giving the pro-gun crowd a bad name.

CaptainFinn wrote:

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

TheEggman wrote:
    "This kind of sign can create tension within a neighborhood particularly for someone of Muslim or Arab decent,"

Did I miss the part of the COTUS that says people have a right to not be subjected to tension?

What's next, making people take down their XMAS lights or Menorahs?

Where does it say you have a right to not be offended?

Where does it say you have a right to 'feel' safe?

It looks as if almost as many people are out to void the First as well as the 2nd.

Yea, do you think that people would have gotten all upset and concerned about being sensitive in early 1942 if someone put a sign in their yard saying, "Kill all the Japs.. let God sort 'em out"?

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Banned

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    Yea, do you think that people would have gotten all upset and concerned about being sensitive in early 1942 if someone put a sign in their yard saying, "Kill all the Japs.. let God sort 'em out"?

Since when the ignorant, retarded American public and what they get upset over any kind of barometer for ethics?

Post imported post

And many more.

I know, we shouldn't stoop to their level.

Post imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
    Personal opinion: He was rather stupid to advertise that a) he is armed and b) is more than willing to use that weapon to defend himself. It is even dumber, in my opinion, to single out a religious or ethnic group in such a sign. All of that is just setting yourself up for negative consequences.

edited to add: I do not consider OC to be advertising. Posting a sign on one's property is, however.

I agree with you, that advertising he has guns is not the brightest thing to do.

I would add that if he were a member of Islam and said the same thing about any other group, no one would dare say a thing.

Banned

Post imported post

snake021 wrote:

And many more.

I know, we shouldn't stoop to their level.

Every group has its idiots, those people are and so is the guy in this topic. Do you reallywant to be one of them?

Post imported post

Paladin_Havegun_Willtravel wrote:
    I agree with you, that advertising he has guns is not the brightest thing to do.

I would add that if he were a member of Islam and said the same thing about any other group, no one would dare say a thing.
    Look at the posts above yours? People call them out for that sort of thing all the time.

Post imported post

thewise1 wrote:
    Paladin_Havegun_Willtravel wrote:

Look at the posts above yours? People call them out for that sort of thing all the time.
    I know I saw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast