Thread: November 19 is National Ammo Day

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

Post imported post

http://www.ammoday.com/

What is national ammo day?

It is a nationwide BUYcott of ammunition. You buy ammunition. 100 Rounds a person. The goals of Ammo Day:
    The goal of National Ammo Day is to empty the ammunition from the shelves of your local gun store, sporting goods, or hardware store and put that ammunition in the hands of law-abiding citizens. Make your support of the Second Amendment known--by voting with your dollars!

There are an estimated 75 MILLION gun owners in the United States of America. If each gun owner or Second Amendment supporter buys 100 rounds of ammunition, that’s 7.5 BILLION rounds in the hands of law-abiding citizens!

The gun/ammunition manufacturers have been taking the brunt of all the frivolous lawsuits, trying to put these folks out of business. Well, not if we can help it! And we CAN help it by buying ammunition on November 19!

"If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Post imported post

Too late; Nov. 11th, Veteran's Day is my ammo stockpile each year. I buy 400 rnds....380,357, 44spcl, 45, 9mm... not counting 500 rnds. .22 plinker stuff.

Post imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
    http://www.ammoday.com/

What is national ammo day?

It is a nationwide BUYcott of ammunition. You buy ammunition. 100 Rounds a person. The goals of Ammo Day:
    The goal of National Ammo Day is to empty the ammunition from the shelves of your local gun store, sporting goods, or hardware store and put that ammunition in the hands of law-abiding citizens. Make your support of the Second Amendment known--by voting with your dollars!

There are an estimated 75 MILLION gun owners in the United States of America. If each gun owner or Second Amendment supporter buys 100 rounds of ammunition, that’s 7.5 BILLION rounds in the hands of law-abiding citizens!

The gun/ammunition manufacturers have been taking the brunt of all the frivolous lawsuits, trying to put these folks out of business. Well, not if we can help it! And we CAN help it by buying ammunition on November 19!
    Hey, if this gets big enough, places can raise their prices on the 19th! :P

ETA: I was not trying to be rude here. I actually really agree with the idea, and I might even participate.

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    Too late; Nov. 11th, Veteran's Day is my ammo stockpile each year. I buy 400 rnds....380,357, 44spcl, 45, 9mm... not counting 500 rnds. .22 plinker stuff.
    Seriously? Once a year? 400 rounds? :what: I shoot that up in half a range trip, which is usually weekly...

Post imported post

Yep, I don't get out as much as I used to and I don't hunt anymore. That's what I normally buy just in case and for stock.

Post imported post

I don't understand the point. No one will pay much attention to that. Guns are already flying off shelves all around the country in anticipation of Obama.

If we really wanted to get attention, we should have a nation wide open carry day, or something similar that will yield a lot of press.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    I don't understand the point. No one will pay much attention to that. Guns are already flying off shelves all around the country in anticipation of Obama.

If we really wanted to get attention, we should have a nation wide open carry day, or something similar that will yield a lot of press.
    Someone on another forum came up the idea that we should all buy a gun on the anniversary of 9/11.

I think it's a great idea, but then I think any reason to buy a gun is a great reason :P

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for stocking up, but not as a means to get attention.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for stocking up, but not as a means to get attention.
    Well, you're absolutely right that nobody would notice this year, because people are panicking already. Most years IF the turnout was huge, it would get some notice, but I don't think gun owners are that motivated.

The thing is, there may be 75 million gun owners, but, how many of them are very elderly, or the guy that owns a shotgun just because he owns a shotgun, and doesn't get involved with gun rights issues? Just a thought.

Post imported post

I will be deer hunting that day but I did buy a lot of ammo at the mason gun show last weekend .

Post imported post

i just got 2800 rounds ^^ sorry little early but i feard it was gunna run out.. it was on Sportsmansguide =P good deals FTW

Post imported post

I'll be going outto buyammo today to support National Ammo Day.

Post imported post

Just went out to lunch and picked up four boxes of hst

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I bought ammo but then I shooted it.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    I bought ammo but then I shooted it.
    Awful expensive targets. Why not just buy paper?

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Threw down $29.57 at Mol-Wart in Tawas yesterday for 100 semi jack hp .38 special +p's. That ought to keep my little Smith happy for a while.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

Post imported post

i bought 200 rounds at meijer. 100 9mm, 50 .38 sp and 50 .357 mag
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/