• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

November 19 is National Ammo Day

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://www.ammoday.com/

What is national ammo day?

It is a nationwide BUYcott of ammunition. You buy ammunition. 100 Rounds a person. The goals of Ammo Day:
The goal of National Ammo Day is to empty the ammunition from the shelves of your local gun store, sporting goods, or hardware store and put that ammunition in the hands of law-abiding citizens. Make your support of the Second Amendment known--by voting with your dollars!

There are an estimated 75 MILLION gun owners in the United States of America. If each gun owner or Second Amendment supporter buys 100 rounds of ammunition, that’s 7.5 BILLION rounds in the hands of law-abiding citizens!

The gun/ammunition manufacturers have been taking the brunt of all the frivolous lawsuits, trying to put these folks out of business. Well, not if we can help it! And we CAN help it by buying ammunition on November 19!

WARCHILD

imported post

Too late; Nov. 11th, Veteran's Day is my ammo stockpile each year. I buy 400 rnds....380,357, 44spcl, 45, 9mm... not counting 500 rnds. .22 plinker stuff.

SQLtables

imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
http://www.ammoday.com/

What is national ammo day?

It is a nationwide BUYcott of ammunition. You buy ammunition. 100 Rounds a person. The goals of Ammo Day:
The goal of National Ammo Day is to empty the ammunition from the shelves of your local gun store, sporting goods, or hardware store and put that ammunition in the hands of law-abiding citizens. Make your support of the Second Amendment known--by voting with your dollars!

There are an estimated 75 MILLION gun owners in the United States of America. If each gun owner or Second Amendment supporter buys 100 rounds of ammunition, that’s 7.5 BILLION rounds in the hands of law-abiding citizens!

The gun/ammunition manufacturers have been taking the brunt of all the frivolous lawsuits, trying to put these folks out of business. Well, not if we can help it! And we CAN help it by buying ammunition on November 19!
Hey, if this gets big enough, places can raise their prices on the 19th! :p

ETA: I was not trying to be rude here. I actually really agree with the idea, and I might even participate.

Michigander

imported post

I don't understand the point. No one will pay much attention to that. Guns are already flying off shelves all around the country in anticipation of Obama.

If we really wanted to get attention, we should have a nation wide open carry day, or something similar that will yield a lot of press.

Bronson

imported post

Michigander wrote:
I don't understand the point. No one will pay much attention to that. Guns are already flying off shelves all around the country in anticipation of Obama.

If we really wanted to get attention, we should have a nation wide open carry day, or something similar that will yield a lot of press.

Someone on another forum came up the idea that we should all buy a gun on the anniversary of 9/11.

I think it's a great idea, but then I think any reason to buy a gun is a great reason :p

Bronson

SQLtables

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for stocking up, but not as a means to get attention.
Well, you're absolutely right that nobody would notice this year, because people are panicking already. Most years IF the turnout was huge, it would get some notice, but I don't think gun owners are that motivated.

The thing is, there may be 75 million gun owners, but, how many of them are very elderly, or the guy that owns a shotgun just because he owns a shotgun, and doesn't get involved with gun rights issues? Just a thought.