• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sickening story, Murder victim, 5, was shot with pellet gun, choked and starved: stepbrother

david.ross

imported post

The story is just sickening, what the hell is wrong with people?! They should be shot over and over with a pellet gun as punishment until they collapse, then throw them in prison for life.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5jJEitZzBbGfkUu-6GAw8hnqRMwDQ

WINNIPEG — Five-year-old murder victim Phoenix Sinclair was regularly shot with a pellet gun "for fun" and was choked until she lost consciousness in a game the family called "chicken," her stepbrother told a Manitoba court Wednesday.
The 18-year-old said his father, Karl McKay, used to shoot Phoenix with his younger son's gun and tell her to "run."

"He would shoot her for the fun of it," he testified quietly. "She would cry."
Samantha Kematch and her common-law husband, McKay, are accused of leaving Phoenix to die on a cold basement floor in 2005 after months of abuse. The couple is also accused of trying to pass off another child as Phoenix to convince welfare investigators and the RCMP that their daughter was still with the family.
McKay's eldest son said he visited his dad and his girlfriend at their home in Fisher River, Man., several times before Phoenix died. The girl, who used to be "chubby all over," became "skinny" by April 2005..

In the time he visited, McKay's son said he never saw Phoenix eat or use the bathroom. When he tried to give her food, he testified, he was threatened by Kematch.

"I waited until those guys left and gave her food," he said before breaking down in tears. "They didn't help her."
At times McKay would lift Phoenix up by the neck and choke her until she blacked out, throwing her on the tile floor "twitching," his son said. It was called "chicken" and seemed unprovoked.

"She made a weird scream," he told the court. "Like someone cut off her arm. She was screaming to death."
Both Kematch and McKay are charged with first-degree murder in Phoenix's death. Her body was found in a shallow grave near the Fisher River garbage dump in March 2006.

In a videotaped interview with the RCMP that was played in court, Kematch said her daughter didn't deserve all the abuse she suffered during her short life. Phoenix was sometimes forced to eat her own vomit with her hands, Kematch told the officer.
The girl was also put into a makeshift pen in the basement when she misbehaved and sometimes went "days" without clothes because she often soiled herself, Kematch said.

She wanted to help her daughter but McKay wouldn't let her, she added.
"She'd start crying and he'd get all mad," Kematch said in the interview. "Sometimes he would just beat her for nothing."
The day before the girl died, Kematch said McKay struck Phoenix and she hit her head on the basement floor. She was left there overnight with no clothes on and wasn't breathing the next day. The couple wrapped her body in plastic garbage bags and drove her to a wooded area, where she was buried, Kematch said.
McKay then scrubbed the basement floor and painted it, she said. She threatened to go to the police months later but was scared, Kematch added.
"I feel stupid," she said. "I knew it wasn't right. She didn't deserve anything like that. I think about this every day. I think about her lots ... How I wish she was here and everything."
"I know I can't hide from this," she said. "I knew this day would come."

canadian

imported post

I can sort of understand why the woman didn't do anything - sort of. I have seen enough battered women to understand the psychology.

But the son should have done something.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

There's a place for people like that. In fact, there are a number of places for them.

In front of the business end of a firearm.
At the end of a rope.
Writhing in agony in a bon fire.
Swimming with the fish with cement blocks for flippers.
Under a car driven somewhat slowly back and forth.
Being separated from their skin while conscious.

You get the picture. People like this do not deserve compassion from good people. They only deserve a painful and prolonged death.

compmanio365

imported post

But this is impossible! There are no guns in Canada, so nothing horrible like this could ever happen; everyone lives in a perfect fairy tale land where nothing bad ever happens to people! :banghead: