Thread: Asked Today: "Are You A Cop"?

Post imported post

Don't usually get asked anything. At the laundrymat. Joking with owner....customer asked. She wasn't bothered at all when I told her yes.....but.....Ky is an open carry friendly state. My badge was hidden.

People are getting used to OC....everywhere...methinks.

Turtle Creek (outside of Pittsburgh), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

As it should be

Post imported post

You're a cop?

I thought you worked in corrections.

Post imported post

Corrections is right. People down here call us cops. I got tired of arguing, small backward town. I wear deputy clothes, badge etc. Deputy Corrections Officer.

Post imported post

I was asked this yesterday by an employee at the Lowes in Richmond. After I said I wasn't the response was "Ohh......OK" and we went about our business. I've been OC'ing a few months now and I've never had a bad encounter. I hope this remains the trend.

Panama City Beach, FL /Home from Afghanistan

Post imported post

To TheMrMitch:

So, you are not a cop, but you say you are if someone ask?? Is that not breaking the law? Impersonatingan law enforcement officer. Why not tell the truth that you are a jail guard? There is a big difference. I am not calling you out on this, just asking.

Post imported post

tcfla wrote:
    To TheMrMitch:

So, you are not a cop, but you say you are if someone ask?? Is that not breaking the law? Impersonatingan law enforcement officer. Why not tell the truth that you are a jail guard? There is a big difference. I am not calling you out on this, just asking.
    No, I am not a 'guard', nor a 'cop' as known. We are called cops in this small town, even when my badge and shirt says otherwise. I am a 'DEPUTY' duly sworn to office in the state of Kentucky.Badge #117 if one should wish to check.

I gave up a long time ago correcting them, and it is only the first time I *answered* in that manner.As I said....small town. Mexicans call me POLICIA.....:what:

Post imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
    tcfla wrote:
    To TheMrMitch:

No, I am not a 'guard', nor a 'cop' as known. We are called cops in this small town, even when my badge and shirt says otherwise. I am a 'DEPUTY' duly sworn to office in the state of Kentucky.Badge #117 if one should wish to check.

I gave up a long time ago correcting them, and it is only the first time I *answered* in that manner.As I said....small town. Mexicans call me POLICIA.....:what:
    i'm on your side...i'd call you a cop
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Post imported post

Yeah...."Good Old Boy" type of town. I get amused and don't really care what they call me. Been at it too long for deep concerns.

Post imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
    Yeah...."Good Old Boy" type of town. I get amused and don't really care what they call me. Been at it too long for deep concerns.
    how long you been at it? i'm thinking of joining the local sheriffs office and then possibly applying for a fed job
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post imported post

Been a county deputy for nearly 8 years but go back to military police in the Marine Corps in 1959.....then helping LE on and off since then while having a career with Exxon Oil.

Don't need the money, so I do it for self and something to keep me busy.

Post imported post

Up in Oxford, OH they have a car marked "Citizen Observer Patrol" that a volunteer drives around. Not armed, not sworn-in, just watching. In that case, I'd answer no to the COP question as I am above that. At least I'm equipped to respond

Post imported post

v8shoguy wrote:
    Up in Oxford, OH they have a car marked "Citizen Observer Patrol" that a volunteer drives around. Not armed, not sworn-in, just watching. In that case, I'd answer no to the COP question as I am above that. At least I'm equipped to respond
    ? respond to what? no weapon, no authority, you'd be as helpless as anyone else...

Post imported post

hammer6 wrote
    ? respond to what? no weapon, no authority, you'd be as helpless as anyone else...
    Me = not a COP. The guy in the look-alike police car is helpless, I'm not. I dislike the word cop because it gets tied to things like I mentioned. I think things like that are stupid, especially putting them in a police car clone marked as such.

Post imported post

v8shoguy wrote:
    hammer6 wrote
    Me = not a COP. The guy in the look-alike police car is helpless, I'm not. I dislike the word cop because it gets tied to things like I mentioned. I think things like that are stupid, especially putting them in a police car clone marked as such.

so you're not the guy you are describing? you are saying you are higher than that becuase you have a waepon?

Post imported post

Only saying that I'm not a LEO wannabe.

Post imported post

v8shoguy wrote:
    Only saying that I'm not a LEO wannabe.
    okay