Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 79

Thread: Obama to job applicants - "do you own a gun"?

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/13/us...3apply.html?em

    SNIP

    "Applicants are asked whether they or anyone in their family owns a gun."


  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    , Texas, USA
    Posts
    199

    Post imported post

    Mike wrote:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/13/us...3apply.html?em

    SNIP

    "Applicants are asked whether they or anyone in their family owns a gun."
    "Applicants are asked whether they or anyone in their family owns a gun. They must include any e-mail that might embarrass the president-elect, along with any blog posts and links to their Facebook pages.
    The application also asks applicants to “please list all aliases or ‘handles’ you have used to communicate on the Internet.” "



    Man...nobody here could get a job, could they. We will not have a friend in Washington.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    We will know who will be soft targets for terrorists of all stripes, black, yellow, or red, white and blue.

  4. #4
    Regular Member IanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,896

    Post imported post


    http://www.wtopnews.com/docs/obama_questionnaire.pdf

    Question #59:

    Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage.

  5. #5
    Regular Member IanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,896

    Post imported post

    I can see it now...

    Liberal child: "Dad, I'm trying to get a job with the Obama administration, but they need to know about your guns (immediate family member), stuff like the serial number, proof of ownership, and what you use it for. Also, have you ever shot anyone or their house with your gun? Please email me that info soonest so I can complete my questionnaire and send it in."

    Dad: "Pack sand kiddo. My guns are none of Obamas bussiness."


  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    581

    Post imported post

    I guess that is how they start with gun registration - first with family members of their cabinet employees, then move on to the rest of the country

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    , Texas, USA
    Posts
    199

    Post imported post

    nakedshoplifter wrote:

    .......provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed?..............
    The above shows clearly that "registration" is a given for Obama. There are only a few US states that have registration, but He makes it clear that this is what he considers the norm.



    nakedshoplifter wrote:

    .......describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage.


    Again it is clear the the GUN is the problem and all by its self can cause damage or injuries.



  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    581

    Post imported post

    It's always like that with liberals - always blame it on inanimate objects so people don't have to assume any responsibility and god forbid feel bad about themselves. Blame guns, tobacco, TV, video games, etc. If you dare to say that over 90% of gun violence comes from inner city hoods which are overwhelmlingly populated by minorities living below the poverty line, you are automatically a racist. The problems of gun violence are social and have nothing to do with guns. But no, this statement is "unfair" and therefore lets just ban guns and it should make us feel good about ourselves. What a pile of crap!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Post imported post

    I didn't see anywhere on that that would lead me to believe that ownership of guns is going to bar you from getting a job. Which then make me think that this subject, like so many others on this forum where Obama is concerned, is getting blown way out of proportion.

  10. #10
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    FogRider wrote:
    I didn't see anywhere on that that would lead me to believe that ownership of guns is going to bar you from getting a job. Which then make me think that this subject, like so many others on this forum where Obama is concerned, is getting blown way out of proportion.
    Blown way out of proportion........you are just unbelievable you know that? If it's not going to affect your ability to get a job, then why the heck are they asking? Besides all of that, it's the fact that it's NONE OF THEIR F****** BUSINESS whether I have guns, registered or otherwise! It's NOBODY'S business unless I want them to know! If they can't ask you if you're gay or straight, how many times a week you have sexual relations with your wife, whether you have a mistress, or how many times you shake after you go to the bathroom, they don't have the right to ask me whether or notIown anyguns!

    I swear, with "supporters" like you, who needs antis?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Post imported post

    compmanio365 wrote:
    Blown way out of proportion........you are just unbelievable you know that? If it's not going to affect your ability to get a job, then why the heck are they asking? Besides all of that, it's the fact that it's NONE OF THEIR F****** BUSINESS whether I have guns, registered or otherwise! It's NOBODY'S business unless I want them to know! If they can't ask you if you're gay or straight, how many times a week you have sexual relations with your wife, whether you have a mistress, or how many times you shake after you go to the bathroom, they don't have the right to ask me whether or notIown anyguns!

    I swear, with "supporters" like you, who needs antis?
    I never said I agreed with it, I said this forums reaction to it is out of proportion.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,086

    Post imported post

    FogRider wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:
    Blown way out of proportion........you are just unbelievable you know that? If it's not going to affect your ability to get a job, then why the heck are they asking? Besides all of that, it's the fact that it's NONE OF THEIR F****** BUSINESS whether I have guns, registered or otherwise! It's NOBODY'S business unless I want them to know! If they can't ask you if you're gay or straight, how many times a week you have sexual relations with your wife, whether you have a mistress, or how many times you shake after you go to the bathroom, they don't have the right to ask me whether or notIown anyguns!

    I swear, with "supporters" like you, who needs antis?
    I never said I agreed with it, I said this forums reaction to it is out of proportion.
    What would be IN proportion?

    What would you say if they asked, "Have you ever committed a homosexual act?" Or "Do you believe in god?"

    As I've said all along, you can take the boy(s) out of Chicago, but you can't take Chicago out of the boys. If this isn't Obama's doing, it's Rahm Emmanuel's.

    It's as if the Bush administration asked potential employees whether they owned a sex toy because they're illegal in Texas and they assume they're banned everywhere.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    They're probably asking the question because somebody considers gun ownership to be politically embarrassing.

    And by the way, nakedshoplifter, the expression is "Go pound sand."

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,128

    Post imported post

    Deanimator wrote:
    FogRider wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:
    Blown way out of proportion........you are just unbelievable you know that? If it's not going to affect your ability to get a job, then why the heck are they asking? Besides all of that, it's the fact that it's NONE OF THEIR F****** BUSINESS whether I have guns, registered or otherwise! It's NOBODY'S business unless I want them to know! If they can't ask you if you're gay or straight, how many times a week you have sexual relations with your wife, whether you have a mistress, or how many times you shake after you go to the bathroom, they don't have the right to ask me whether or notIown anyguns!

    I swear, with "supporters" like you, who needs antis?
    I never said I agreed with it, I said this forums reaction to it is out of proportion
    What would be IN proportion?

    What would you say if they asked, "Have you ever committed a homosexual act?" Or "Do you believe in god?"

    As I've said all along, you can take the boy(s) out of Chicago, but you can't take Chicago out of the boys. If this isn't Obama's doing, it's Rahm Emmanuel's.

    It's as if the Bush administration asked potential employees whether they owned a sex toy because they're illegal in Texas and they assume they're banned everywhere.
    They DO ask whether the applicant has been cohabiting with someone with mutual bonds of affection . . . .whether the applicant has ever written a potentially embarrasing e mail, etc.

    Can't fault thetransition team for asking: after all, where would we all be without a gun in the cabinet? :P

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristow, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    491

    Post imported post

    Unless you are an Obama supporter, then the saying is "Pack Fudge".:P

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,128

    Post imported post

    I am an Obama supporter, but not on the short list for Secretary of State: guess that means I can keep my Mod. 44. . . .

  17. #17
    Regular Member shad0wfax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,067

    Post imported post

    Most of the questions that are in that questionnaire are considered inappropriate for a job interview in the civilian sector. That goes far beyond the standard cabinet-level background checks that are normally conducted. That questionnaire covers more than secret clearances cover. It's arguably more intrusive than even a top-secret clearance is. They ask you less to obtain SCI accessthan they do on that cabinet post PDF.

    The Obamastapo is coming.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Prophet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    Being in politics for a time I will tell you EXACTLY why they are asking that question.

    They ask about your gun history and background because it is Obama's intention to pass gun control laws and bans that will cripple law abiding gun owners and sellers. The reason he wants the information is so that he can pass on hiring people who own guns and whose family owns guns in order to avoid the blatant stench of hypocrisy.

    Obama wants to make it so that only the police (secret service of course) and the military has guns but if he comes across as a hyprocrite like Rosie ODonnel and Diane Feinstein then his attempt gets stuck in the quagmire of hypocrisy.

    They also want to know your internet handle, the organizations you belong to, what your blog and personal diary says etc. This is just to make sure that you savvy with what they are selling COMPLETELY. I guess we'll see how many GOA members are on his staff. He may have a NRA lackey ortwo who think that the 2A only concerns hunting but not any true believers with regard to what "shall not be infringed" truly means.

  19. #19
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    Expect questions like this to start showing up on EVERY job application in the country. How will we fund out cause if we're all homeless? Obama is not a fool, he's smart and evil as all hell, just like the people who voted for him.

    In the last 12 years, I've experienced severe prejudice from Liberal Employers and Management, simply because I don't shout out party support spontaneously all day long. Find out I actually own a gun, yeah, I'm fired instantly.

    This just brings the already present prejudice out into the open.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran XD-GEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    722

    Post imported post

    Here's how you answer the question:

    "Questions concerning my exercise or non-exercise of my civil rights are violations of federal law. My disqualification from this position on those grounds will be basis for legal action against you."

    Of course, I won't be applying anyway, but anyone who wants to give it a try can freely use my line without any fear of being accused of plagiarism (at least by me).

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    Basically he wants to know if you have exercised your 1st or 2nd amendment rights with the implication that if you have done so in a way not ordained by him and his administration you will not obtain employment. As he has indicated since entering the political arena in IL, he is all for people exercising what he thinks are or should be rights, regardless of the United States Constitution, only in a manner consistent with his belief system. I find it rather scary. Actually, the only thing I find hopeful about all this is that Obama wants power more than anything which means he wants a second term and will be cautious, although not necessarily recalcitrant, about passing anything that will greatly anger up to 1/2 of the population across the entire political and socioeconomic spectrum.

    Obomination indeed.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    , Texas, USA
    Posts
    199

    Post imported post

    FogRider wrote:
    I didn't see anywhere on that that would lead me to believe that ownership of guns is going to bar you from getting a job. Which then make me think that this subject, like so many others on this forum where Obama is concerned, is getting blown way out of proportion.
    Man your head is in the fog....but to each his own.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    , Texas, USA
    Posts
    199

    Post imported post

    deepdiver wrote:
    Basically he wants to know if you have exercised your 1st or 2nd amendment rights with the implication that if you have done so in a way not ordained by him and his administration you will not obtain employment. As he has indicated since entering the political arena in IL, he is all for people exercising what he thinks are or should be rights, regardless of the United States Constitution, only in a manner consistent with his belief system. I find it rather scary. Actually, the only thing I find hopeful about all this is that Obama wants power more than anything which means he wants a second term and will be cautious, although not necessarily recalcitrant, about passing anything that will greatly anger up to 1/2 of the population across the entire political and socioeconomic spectrum.

    Obomination indeed.
    Brovo.....Well said.

  24. #24
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    Paladin_Havegun_Willtravel wrote:
    FogRider wrote:
    I didn't see anywhere on that that would lead me to believe that ownership of guns is going to bar you from getting a job. Which then make me think that this subject, like so many others on this forum where Obama is concerned, is getting blown way out of proportion.
    Man your head is in the fog....but to each his own.
    This guy seems blind to the obvious in every message I've seen him write. Pretty sure he's a troll from the Democratic Underground... He talks just like someone I've read there.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  25. #25
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765

    Post imported post

    deepdiver wrote:
    Basically he wants to know if you have exercised your 1st or 2nd amendment rights with the implication that if you have done so in a way not ordained by him and his administration you will not obtain employment. As he has indicated since entering the political arena in IL, he is all for people exercising what he thinks are or should be rights, regardless of the United States Constitution, only in a manner consistent with his belief system. I find it rather scary. Actually, the only thing I find hopeful about all this is that Obama wants power more than anything which means he wants a second term and will be cautious, although not necessarily recalcitrant, about passing anything that will greatly anger up to 1/2 of the population across the entire political and socioeconomic spectrum.

    Obomination indeed.
    QUOTE: "[G]iven the daunting challenges that we face, it's important that President-elect Obama is prepared to really take power and begin to rule [on] day one." --Valerie Jarrett, co-chair of Obama's transition team

    emphasis mine, of course
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •