• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama to job applicants - "do you own a gun"?

imported post

Mike wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/13/us/politics/13apply.html?em

SNIP

"Applicants are asked whether they or anyone in their family owns a gun."
"Applicants are asked whether they or anyone in their family owns a gun. They must include any e-mail that might embarrass the president-elect, along with any blog posts and links to their Facebook pages.
The application also asks applicants to “please list all aliases or ‘handles’ you have used to communicate on the Internet.” "

Man...nobody here could get a job, could they. We will not have a friend in Washington.

IanB

imported post

http://www.wtopnews.com/docs/obama_questionnaire.pdf

Question #59:

Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage.

IanB

imported post

I can see it now...

Liberal child: "Dad, I'm trying to get a job with the Obama administration, but they need to know about your guns (immediate family member), stuff like the serial number, proof of ownership, and what you use it for. Also, have you ever shot anyone or their house with your gun? Please email me that info soonest so I can complete my questionnaire and send it in."

Dad: "Pack sand kiddo. My guns are none of Obamas bussiness."

Chaingun81

imported post

I guess that is how they start with gun registration - first with family members of their cabinet employees, then move on to the rest of the country :cuss::banghead::banghead::banghead:

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:

.......provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed?..............
The above shows clearly that "registration" is a given for Obama. There are only a few US states that have registration, but He makes it clear that this is what he considers the norm.

nakedshoplifter wrote:

.......describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage.

Again it is clear the the GUN is the problem and all by its self can cause damage or injuries.

Chaingun81

imported post

It's always like that with liberals - always blame it on inanimate objects so people don't have to assume any responsibility and god forbid feel bad about themselves. Blame guns, tobacco, TV, video games, etc. If you dare to say that over 90% of gun violence comes from inner city hoods which are overwhelmlingly populated by minorities living below the poverty line, you are automatically a racist. The problems of gun violence are social and have nothing to do with guns. But no, this statement is "unfair" and therefore lets just ban guns and it should make us feel good about ourselves. What a pile of crap! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

FogRider

imported post

I didn't see anywhere on that that would lead me to believe that ownership of guns is going to bar you from getting a job. Which then make me think that this subject, like so many others on this forum where Obama is concerned, is getting blown way out of proportion.

compmanio365

imported post

FogRider wrote:
I didn't see anywhere on that that would lead me to believe that ownership of guns is going to bar you from getting a job. Which then make me think that this subject, like so many others on this forum where Obama is concerned, is getting blown way out of proportion.

Blown way out of proportion........you are just unbelievable you know that? If it's not going to affect your ability to get a job, then why the heck are they asking? Besides all of that, it's the fact that it's NONE OF THEIR F****** BUSINESS whether I have guns, registered or otherwise! It's NOBODY'S business unless I want them to know! If they can't ask you if you're gay or straight, how many times a week you have sexual relations with your wife, whether you have a mistress, or how many times you shake after you go to the bathroom, they don't have the right to ask me whether or notIown anyguns!

:banghead: I swear, with "supporters" like you, who needs antis?

FogRider

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Blown way out of proportion........you are just unbelievable you know that? If it's not going to affect your ability to get a job, then why the heck are they asking? Besides all of that, it's the fact that it's NONE OF THEIR F****** BUSINESS whether I have guns, registered or otherwise! It's NOBODY'S business unless I want them to know! If they can't ask you if you're gay or straight, how many times a week you have sexual relations with your wife, whether you have a mistress, or how many times you shake after you go to the bathroom, they don't have the right to ask me whether or notIown anyguns!

I never said I agreed with it, I said this forums reaction to it is out of proportion.

Deanimator

imported post

FogRider wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:

I never said I agreed with it, I said this forums reaction to it is out of proportion.
What would be IN proportion?

What would you say if they asked, "Have you ever committed a homosexual act?" Or "Do you believe in god?"

As I've said all along, you can take the boy(s) out of Chicago, but you can't take Chicago out of the boys. If this isn't Obama's doing, it's Rahm Emmanuel's.

It's as if the Bush administration asked potential employees whether they owned a sex toy because they're illegal in Texas and they assume they're banned everywhere.

Flyer22

imported post

They're probably asking the question because somebody considers gun ownership to be politically embarrassing.

And by the way, nakedshoplifter, the expression is "Go pound sand." :D

The Donkey

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
FogRider wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:

I never said I agreed with it, I said this forums reaction to it is out of proportion
What would be IN proportion?

What would you say if they asked, "Have you ever committed a homosexual act?" Or "Do you believe in god?"

As I've said all along, you can take the boy(s) out of Chicago, but you can't take Chicago out of the boys. If this isn't Obama's doing, it's Rahm Emmanuel's.

It's as if the Bush administration asked potential employees whether they owned a sex toy because they're illegal in Texas and they assume they're banned everywhere.

They DO ask whether the applicant has been cohabiting with someone with mutual bonds of affection . . . .whether the applicant has ever written a potentially embarrasing e mail, etc.

Can't fault thetransition team for asking: after all, where would we all be without a gun in the cabinet? :p

The Donkey

imported post

I am an Obama supporter, but not on the short list for Secretary of State: guess that means I can keep my Mod. 44. . . .

shad0wfax

imported post

Most of the questions that are in that questionnaire are considered inappropriate for a job interview in the civilian sector. That goes far beyond the standard cabinet-level background checks that are normally conducted. That questionnaire covers more than secret clearances cover. It's arguably more intrusive than even a top-secret clearance is. They ask you less to obtain SCI accessthan they do on that cabinet post PDF.

The Obamastapo is coming.

Prophet

imported post

Being in politics for a time I will tell you EXACTLY why they are asking that question.

They ask about your gun history and background because it is Obama's intention to pass gun control laws and bans that will cripple law abiding gun owners and sellers. The reason he wants the information is so that he can pass on hiring people who own guns and whose family owns guns in order to avoid the blatant stench of hypocrisy.

Obama wants to make it so that only the police (secret service of course) and the military has guns but if he comes across as a hyprocrite like Rosie ODonnel and Diane Feinstein then his attempt gets stuck in the quagmire of hypocrisy.

They also want to know your internet handle, the organizations you belong to, what your blog and personal diary says etc. This is just to make sure that you savvy with what they are selling COMPLETELY. I guess we'll see how many GOA members are on his staff. He may have a NRA lackey ortwo who think that the 2A only concerns hunting but not any true believers with regard to what "shall not be infringed" truly means.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Expect questions like this to start showing up on EVERY job application in the country. How will we fund out cause if we're all homeless? Obama is not a fool, he's smart and evil as all hell, just like the people who voted for him.

In the last 12 years, I've experienced severe prejudice from Liberal Employers and Management, simply because I don't shout out party support spontaneously all day long. Find out I actually own a gun, yeah, I'm fired instantly.

This just brings the already present prejudice out into the open.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Here's how you answer the question:

"Questions concerning my exercise or non-exercise of my civil rights are violations of federal law. My disqualification from this position on those grounds will be basis for legal action against you."

Of course, I won't be applying anyway, but anyone who wants to give it a try can freely use my line without any fear of being accused of plagiarism (at least by me).