• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MIGO lower receiver group buy

cmdio

imported post

Wanted to give everyone a heads up that there is some talk on MIGO of getting a group buy of lower receivers together, the more we order the cheaper they are, so here's the link.

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32448

BTW they are Double Star, and prices will be somewhere between 70 and 80 bucks plus shipping depending on our order size. A MIGO member who is a FFL (well soon to be) has offered to do the transfers for 5 bucks for one or 10 total for any amount.

MODS if this is not an approved type of post please remove

cmdio

imported post

This is from one of the guys on the MIGO forum

"From everything i have read or seen, they are a premium brand. Up there with dpms and cmmg. I don't own one so i can't vouch myself. But i have never read anything bad about them at all.

From double star, if your just buying a couple, the price is 125 each"

another guy

"I just picked up a complete lower made with a Doublestar receiver (thanks, Windago). I mounted my M&P15 upper to it and it was nice and tight with very little gap. Looks like a quality piece."

Jeff, this is just for the stripped lower, so alot of the quality and performance depend on what kind of parts kit you use to assemble everything.

Anyone have any recommendations on parts kits? I'm looking athttp://www.model1sales.com and alot of their kits can be had for under 500 bucks. Anyone have any experience with these guys or know anywhere else that has cheap kits?

cmdio

imported post

The group buy for the double star at the good price seems to have fallen through, they started another buy but the prices were higher, so I was no longer interested. Check out the MIGO site for more info.