• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to Open Carry?

auburn97

imported post

For those who live in Alabama. How do you open carry? Do you use shoulder harness, belt harness, or thigh? Don't own a gun (yet), and have never really seen anyone doing it. But find it interesting. Pics with your guns would be a nice touch.

kurtmax_0

imported post

I use a Blackhawk CQC Serpa for a belt holster.

I have a Falco shoulder holster as well. It's a very, very well made holster for only ~80USD but they don't import into the US anymore (supposedly because the dollar is weak compared to the euro).

I don't OC a whole lot (maybe once or twice a week). I'll be using the shoulder holster if it ever gets cold :cuss:. Freaking auburn weather is cold one day, super-hot the next.

For CC I have a C-Tac from Comp-Tac. Great holster. It doesn't conceal as well as my old homemade IWB, but it's much safer.

If I didn't have a pistol permit I'd use a thigh holster in the winter to stay OC. I find thigh holsters to be very uncomfortable, however, and shoulder holsters to be most comfortable :)