• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OK, who dropped their gun in Alberston's last night?

Bobarino

imported post

fess up. was it someone here? as i was picking out my box of Theraflu (dang head cold) i heard a clank as someone dropped something. i turned around and there was a Hi-Point pistol laying on the ground. the lady carrying it quickly snatched it up and she and her male companion quickly scooted themselves out of the store.

i just chuckled a little and thought, wow, that must have been a little embarrassing. maybe you should look into a good holster?

was it anyone here?

both myself and the guy standing next to me saw it and neither one of us cared. this was the Albertson's on Canyon Rd and hwy 512.

Bobby

Hammer

imported post

Well, there's the problem with wearing baggie pants that look like they're gonna fall off and putting your pistol in your pants "Mexican" style.

Not that I know any of it to be true, but it's funny to think about.

Good reminder that one is not only responsible for their actions and demeanor while carrying, but also gun retention.

Bobarino

imported post

i couldn't tell for sure but it did seem as though it fell out of her purse when she leaned over to look at something on a shelf. it was no big deal, but i thought it was kinda funny. i've been lucky enough to never have had that happen. i did have an empty magazine fall out of my pocket in a Burger King on time after a trip to the Marksman. i forgot it was in there. i don't think anyone saw anyway.

Bobby

G27

imported post

Haha. That's good. Last night I hit my side really hard while going through a door, I'm clumsy like that, and my pistol popped out of it's holster. Damn those none retention holsters. Luckily I was able to grab it through my jacket and kinda hold it to my hip till I got to the bathroom and was able to re holster it. Glad to know I'm not the only clumsy one.:shock:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

It wasn't me but one time while leaving the airport my shoulder holster decided to let go of some of the stitching and the 1911 fell into the waistband of my jacket. It almost got away from me as I was walking out the ramp to the garage. It was then I decided to get a Serpa and start OC'ing.

I guess some guns just want to be seen....

NWGirl

imported post

Bobarino wrote:
i couldn't tell for sure but it did seem as though it fell out of her purse when she leaned over to look at something on a shelf.

Bobby
This is why when I do purse carry I use one with a holster in it! :) Wasn't me but boy would that be embarrassing.

imported post

Bobarino wrote:
fess up. was it someone here? as i was picking out my box of Theraflu (dang head cold) i heard a clank as someone dropped something. i turned around and there was a Hi-Point pistol laying on the ground. the lady carrying it quickly snatched it up and she and her male companion quickly scooted themselves out of the store.

i just chuckled a little and thought, wow, that must have been a little embarrassing. maybe you should look into a good holster?

was it anyone here?

both myself and the guy standing next to me saw it and neither one of us cared. this was the Albertson's on Canyon Rd and hwy 512.

Bobby
Don't worry Bobby. If they were carying a "Hi-Point" that wasn't in a holster, they were not members of OCDO.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, the HP C9 is on the CA DOJ Roster of certified guns, which (among other things) means the gun has to withstand oh-so-rigorous drop testing.

compmanio365

imported post

I think he was making a joke guys.......I'm normally the first to jump in and defend my love for Hi Points, but it seemed pretty tongue in cheek to me. No need to fly off the handle and get all defensive now. :D

Mainsail

imported post

I agree with Comp, the Highpoint is the gun we all love to hate. Nonetheless, it's still a gun. I was going to comment: I'm surprised they just didn't kick it under the aisle instead of going to all the trouble of stooping over to pick it up.

BlaineG

imported post

In my opinion, with a semi-auto it's a matter of when, not if it will malfunction.....nevertheless, I do carry, at various times, a Glock 36 and a Para 1911, the 1911 being the more reliable of the two......

Thundar

imported post

jchen012 wrote:
Wow I'm suprised it didn't go off, being a Hi-point :p

What? I see the smiley face at the end of your post, but you will turn this into yet another pro/con Hi-Point thread.Hi-Point is ugly, bulky, heavyand inexpensive, but fairly safe.

This thread is not abou HiPoint, but about dropping guns in public places.

jchen012

imported post

I added the :pbecause it was a joke... although yes many people like to bash the Hi-Point because of the fact that it isblowback operated.