• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Iron is Hot. It's time to strike.

woodard

imported post

In the aftermath of the general election, we seem to have let something go by unnoticed.
For the first time since statehood, the Republican party, in the state of Oklahoma, has a majority in both the Legislature and Senate. We have never had a more 2A friendly State Congress.
Another thing working in our favor is the fact that Gov. Brad Henry is term-limited. His second term ends in 2 years and he can not seek re-election. We need to work to find and encourage a 2A friendly replacement. The first name which comes to mind is Mick Cornett.
Mayor Cornett rejected calls to join Mayor Bloomberg's anti-gun group and was among the first of the nations Mayors to sign the NRA's pledge to not violate the Second Amendment in time of natural disaster.
Another person I think needs a good look is Mike McCarville. Though, I don't hold much hope, you'll never find a better supporter of the Second Amendment.
Any more names I should know? Any ideas how we can get the right man/woman in to the office?