• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Getting a VZ-82

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

And YES VZ is the correct designation, not CZ. At any rate, should have it in a few days, Jeff at Cascade Arms got me a killer deal on one with a holster and spare mag. Anyone else out there have one of these, or any experience with either the VZ82, or the CZ83 commercial variant?

Also am toying with getting a Romanian TT-33 Tokarev. Same deal, any first hand accounts of the TT-33?

jeeper1

imported post

I have a couple of CZ82s. They're great guns except for the wimpy 9x18 cartridges. They are only slightly more powerful than a 380. Fits my hand perfectly, has a good trigger and totally reliable and accurate.
I wish they were available in 9x19.

Thundar

imported post

It is one of my favorite handguns. Easy to carry, extremely accuratein rapid fire mode. Little kick means she stays on target. Love the polygonal barrel.

Buy good HP ammo. Carry and practice using the spare mag. Low stopping power and standard mag size are the two big drawbacks.

I don't use the original leather flap holster. Uncle Mike makes an IWB holster that does a great job.